WOW!!

Guest CodyRyan

Guest CodyRyan

I just found this place. Thanks to the USA Today article yesterday. I have already planned our first outing for this weekend. I just can't wait for Friday!!

I have been looking for an inexpensive, outdoor, family activity and THIS IS IT!!

Guest CodyRyan

LOL..

Inexpensive may have been a little wishful, but we already own the GarminIII+ and all the mapping software, so I'm hoping to keep the weekend adventure costs down.

Although, the closest cache is 30 miles down the road. icon_wink.gif

Guest CodyRyan

LOL..

Inexpensive may have been a little wishful, but we already own the GarminIII+ and all the mapping software, so I'm hoping to keep the weekend adventure costs down.

Although, the closest cache is 30 miles down the road. icon_wink.gif

Guest Sluggo

quote:
Originally posted by CodyRyan:

I have been looking for an inexpensive, outdoor, family activity and THIS IS IT!!

CodyRyan,

At the expense of sounding corny or overdramatic, geocaching has changed our lives.

We just couldn?t seem to find any activity that flipped both our switches.

Sugar loves to travel and rubberneck (she says she is just a good observer) but hates hiking to no place in particular. I love to just walk (hike) in the woods and desert and don?t care at all where I go or what I see. Geocaching has created an activity that fits both of us. It has gotten us ?off the couch? and ?into the woods?. We have gotten my stepdaughter and son-in-law involved and have planned some cache hunts with friends in the near future. We have been on six hunts (four finds and 2 DNFs) and I have hidden three caches (soon to be four). I found out that scouting, planning and hiding caches is as much fun for me as finding them. So, I usually do those activities by myself and then Sugar goes with me on the hunts. It is a real ?Jack Sprat and wife? existence.

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Sluggo & Sugar

Guest White Rabbit

I think that's the article that I read when I first heard about this. The one I read was in last Friday's paper (edit: I just looked at the date of the article you read, it must have been a different one). It sounded like so much fun, I just couldn't wait. My girlfriend and I went out and bought a Magellan GPS 315 and we found our first cache Tuesday night (and our second Thursday). Luckily for me there's about 10 caches within 10miles of my house and about 45 caches within 30 miles. I guess that's because it's Oregon and there's lots of forests and hiking areas around. Good luck and I hope you have as much fun as we have been having.

[This message has been edited by White Rabbit (edited 03 August 2001).]

Guest Lone Ranger

Hey, White Rabbit, if you want plenty of Oregon caches, come on down to Klamath county, we have lots of good hiding places!! Lone Ranger. Hi-Yo Silver Away