Quick Question

Being banned from the forums only means you can't post. You're geocaching account is still active. Being banned from geocaching means your account has been shut down. The two are separate so far as I know you can be banned from on or the other, or both depending on what the admins do.

This is partly why sock puppets were invented.

Why would someone be banned?

A personal attack in the forums will get you a warning. Using not FCC language will get you a warning. Using humor, posting off topic and so forth used to get you a warning. Posting humor that is over the edge or just posting over the edge will get you a warning.

Get a few warnings and you get modded which is where your posts are reviewed before they are allowed to be seen.

Generally posts that will get you banned are deleted and for some reason I miss out on all the fun and can't fill you in.

As for having your geocaching account banned. Stealing and moving caches will get your account banned. There are probably other things but this is the one I've seen.

Edited by Renegade Knight