New York: most CITO events of any state in the USA

Well, turns out we aren't getting a dumpster. The park just wants us to plop the bags along the road and they'll come later and pick them up.

Oh well :)

It was suprisingly hard to find a trashed spot this year. All the parks we talked to were *thrilled* at the prospect... but none were really that dirty!! :) Good news I guess :lol:

We've run into our share of snags in New York too. The Capital Region was being told they need to have an insurance rider to be able to clean the park. Another park told them they would need a $25 permit. They were eventually able to find a park to have their event at.

We had our Rochester event all planned. Talked to the Park Manager and made all the arrangements. Then we received a message from the Boy Scouts that they are doing a clean up event at several of the parks throughout the city that same day, including our park. They even planned to meet up at the same pavillion where we told our people to meet. Since there was going to be a couple hundred of them, we figured it was easier to move our event. We've notified the parks again, and are now waiting for someone to take us up on the offer to clean.

So at the moment, we have two events confirmed, one that we need to move, and about 5 more tentative ones.

I approved Pennsylvania's fifth CITO event this week. There's three on the 17th (Pittsburgh, Potter County and Luzerne County) and two on the 24th (French Creek State Park in eastern PA and Presque Isle State Park in Erie). Still waiting for the Central PA Geocachers to settle upon a final location, which will make six events for the Keystone State.

This thread is about a healthy competition for the most CITO events in a U.S. State, but I just have to be fair and mention that the geocachers in Ontario are KICKING BUTT with five CITO events scheduled so far. The OGA has come a very long way in a short period of time to get organized and put forth a positive image to their parks. A tip o' the hat to our friends to the north is in order.

The OGA has come a very long way in a short period of time to get organized and put forth a positive image to their parks. A tip o' the hat to our friends to the north is in order.

Not entirely on topic but OGA is one of our bordering neighbor groups and I have to agree with Keystone. They kind of sprang up out of nowhere and have really come a long way quickly.

We share a border and a lot of common caching territory so it's great to see a successful group accross the river from us.

Well, NY had 5 successful CITO events, plus one CITO cache placed.  Overall - great job everyone!  Any idea how many CITO events in total were held in the USA and/or globally?

Sounds like Ontario is in a dead heat with NY with 5 CITO events although I think we could claim more than 1 CITO cache placed! :o