Help A Relative Newbie.

GyPSy Krew

The below clue was entered for a local cache. It explains itself, but I don't know how to solve the puzzle to get the coords. Can anyone help? What's the key?

The clue:

The map shown or the coordinates above will not help you find this cache. You shoudn't need help with reentering the coordinates in your GPSr. Once at the cache location, you'll realize height will not be an advantage. Also neither plant or dirt will need to be overturned when hunting for the ammo box. This puzzle is meant to be a challenge, so it won't be easy. For some it is ixtremely difficult. For others it is ixtremely easy. I realize this is an ineffective way of finding coordinates.

I will hold any who solve this with new esteem. The weight of solving this puzzle is on your shoulders. If I've hidden the clues well enough, giving up will be easy. We'll say this now, don't throw a tiff our puzzle is hard. It won't be easy. That would be no fun. If our puzzle is to hard, sit and think about it a while. To new and experienced cachers alike, this should be a fun puzzle to solve.

Solved this puzzle in about 30 seconds. Keep reading the two paragraphs. Look at the word choices -- do any words seem unnecessary or out of place? Are any of the sentences awkwardly constructed? If that doesn't reveal the solution, try reading the words just as words and ignore the content of the instructions they are giving to you.

That is the only hint I'll give you. Personally I consider it bad form to give away a puzzle solution in the forums.

geckoee is correct and it is my Creason Park Book exchange cache.

I borrowed (actually stole) a considerable almount of the puzzle from a cache in the Seatle area. I enjoyed it so much, I decided to bring it to our area.

Did some searching near where he caches.

I think this is it: Creason Park Book Exchange.

The Leprechauns is also correct and it should be enough help to get you through the second paragraph. If you need additional help, send me an email and I will point you in the right direction.

Look at the word choices -- do any words seem unnecessary or out of place? Are any of the sentences awkwardly constructed? If that doesn't reveal the solution, try reading the words just as words and ignore the content of the instructions they are giving to you.

Good luck :lol:

Solved this puzzle in about 30 seconds. Keep reading the two paragraphs. Look at the word choices -- do any words seem unnecessary or out of place? Are any of the sentences awkwardly constructed?

Unfortunately, no. There's too many cachers around here whose regular non-puzzle cache pages read the same way...

In my opinion, if you need an additional hint, you should contact the cache owner and ask him/her.

It really isn't fair to the owner of this cache to have his puzzle discussed and possibly solved in the forums.

there was a group that did set up a place on yahoo where they could discuss solving a puzzle and several stages.

But they waited till all members had found all stages and could be together to find the last stage.

Unfortunately, no. There's too many cachers around here whose regular non-puzzle cache pages read the same way...

:lol: That's exactly what I was thinking. This cache's creator is one of dem readin' folk, though.

I found the solution after a bit. I'd like to think that no one posted the solution but the Leprechauns' post was pretty helpful! Great puzzle, thanks.

<edit: it's just not my night.>

Edited by ghOzt