Stencils For My Cache Container???

eddthejailer

Can't say I've done stencils but I've had great success running Avery waterproof labels (#15516) run through a laser printer. I get the ones that are 2 per sheet. The material is almost plastic and its quite durable. Here's a small version of my label.

cache_decal_very_small.jpg

Not to take food out of coyote red's mouth, but you could always make your own.

It's no skin off my nose. In fact, right below the pic on my page there is a link to a PDF file. Print it out, pick up the exacto, and after a few minutes place an order because you'll find out how much of a pain it is. :)

Heck, it's not as if I'm relying on any income from it. I'm just trying to help out.

Here's one of mine:

98352_200.jpg

There's another one out there, but I didn't take a picture before I hid it.

It's probably been suggested before, but I wish you offered them in some type of plastic sheet instead of cardstock. I tape them down to paint, and the tape doesn't come of very easily...

It's probably been suggested before, but I wish you offered them in some type of plastic sheet instead of cardstock.  I tape them down to paint, and the tape doesn't come of very easily...

Try using the 3M blue painter's tape that's made for fresh (well, a few hours to a day dry) paint. It comes off just about everything easily.

Around here a 1-inch by 60-yard roll goes for over $4. But then again, one roll will last a long time for geocaching purposes.

Heck, it's not as if I'm relying on any income from it. I'm just trying to help out.

People like you don't get enough credit for giving back like that. It still takes time out of your day to do it, even if there aren't a ton of orders.

Thanks. :)

I use CoyoteRed's stencils and some TB tags.

I have painted seveal boxes with the stencil but I haven't placed them yet.

(I am working on an evil multi-micro right now).

I no longer have the patience nor the eyes to cut out the printed PDF (I tried) and I am more than willing to pay the minimal cost for Coyote to laser them for me.

Here are a couple of boxes I painted:

stencil.jpg

I get a LOT of inquiries about the custom TB tags.

Edited by DustyJacket
I'v used Coyotered's stuff and it works great. Especially the magnetic stencils for ammo cans. Dont pass these up and they are priced very reasonably! <_<

Definitely better than creating it yourself! You can get the magnet inkjet paper at Staples, but cutting it all out is a pain. :mad:

It's probably been suggested before, but I wish you offered them in some type of plastic sheet instead of cardstock. I tape them down to paint, and the tape doesn't come of very easily...

I've tried a couple of different plastic sheets, but have yet found anything that is both cheap and doesn't severely distort from the heat. So far, everything has buckled enough to not lay flat, even if taped down. I do work with some stuff that would work but I figure the cost would be prohibitive compared to the relatively disposable cardstock.

I'm still looking. Once I get acceptable results, I'll put it on the site.

...and thanks everyone for the kind words! It is appreciated.