Watch List

Howie57

I've looked around the topics and don't see or maybe i missed this idea.. if i did miss it please let me know the topic it's under...anyway

When we put cache's on our "Watch list" they go in there in Alphabetical(sp)

order which is cool but is there some way that they can be put in order by how close they are together in distance? I for one keep I guess about 20-30 cache's on my list and usually when i head out to cache I want to do more than one. I have to find one that I want to do and then look for others that are close in distance to that one. They all may not be in the same state so just looking by state doesnt help either. I'm not lazy (ok maybe i am in a sense) and I will look till I find the ones that are close but i'm sure that there's some program that will put these in that type of order. That way i can just find a cache that I want to do and go either up the list or down the list from the one i choose. Anyone else's feedback on this would be appriciated. Gents and ladies at Groundspeak what's your opinion of this?

Thanks Howie57 :o

I'm not quite sure of the question, or maybe I just don't follow your technique, but there is already the capability to search for nearest caches on each cache page.

It has nothing to do with your watch list (and I'm not sure how this ties in to your watch list) but on each and every cache page, you can search for caches close to that one, in order of distance.

Is that what you want?

Jamie

Thanks! :o I knew i wouldn't be able to write out what i meant the first time.

I know we have that ability to do that on a cache page. I meant when we put a cache on our watch list it would just fall in order before or after a cache that is on our list already as to how far it is and not just by how the cache is named.

:o

Ok !!!!! that worked for what i'm wanting. Like a dummy the first query i did i used my zipcode, all states again. Then i just used maryland and bam! just what i wanted..................... thanks! :D I appriciate it, now i can be as lazy as i want to be lol...................... Howie57

I would find the ability to group caches on a watch list in a folder valuable.

For instance, I could have a folder of caches that I am watching in a neighboring state, another for caches that I am particularly interested in seeing who logs them, another for whatever, etc.

From what I understand, some folks have a lengthy list of caches on their watch lists. Being able to group these by arbitrary criteria would permit one to put some organization to his list.

Just a thought . . .

I'm pretty sure that I remember Jeremy stating that, in the future, premium members will have multiple watchlists. They will also be able to disable the emails.

I'm pretty sure this was mentioned. A search would verify, but I'm feeling a little lazy.