Tb Rescue In London

Looking thru the forums I came across a thread that mentions the following cache, GCH9HP Cara's College Cache. bdH224s loged a find even though he/she did not actualy find the cache, and has created a temporary container out of a coconut husk and left two TB's. That are now in need of being rescued, directions on how to find the TB's are in the log. The cache owner apears to be based in the states.

Dave

Hi Guys,

This cache was approved by myself :D before we were able to see, on the cache page for a new cache in review, how far it was from the setters home co-ordinates. From the setters name I took it to mean that they were american, living away from home, which seems not to be the case. :D:o

Is there anyone out there who could go and liberate the tb's and remove what is left of the cache, and then let me know it is done?

In the mean time I will temp it, get in touch with the setter and advise that I am going to archive, and then when I know the tbs have been liberated I will archive the cache.

Cheers and cache Well,

Eckington

Eckington I wasn't trying to have ago over the fact that this seems to be a vacation cache, I actually thought from the cache name that it was placed by someone over here attending college here, now back home. My only worry was for the two TB,s which have basically been dumped in the wild. If I was the TB owner I personal would be horrified. This is why I sent a email as soon as I had posted this message to Lactodoran, to bring their plight to both of you. I hope you did not think I was having ago at you for approving it.

Dave :o

I will be in London the last week in March and was planning on trying to find this cache (for the third time). If nobody has done anything about this by then I will definitely liberate the TBs and whatever else is needed. I am "watching" the cache so hopefully will see what is happening.

I suggested to the cache owner that she find a local to adopt the cache. I am sure someone could step forward....

I will be in London the last week in March and was planning on trying to find this cache (for the third time). If nobody has done anything about this by then I will definitely liberate the TBs and whatever else is needed. I am "watching" the cache so hopefully will see what is happening.

I suggested to the cache owner that she find a local to adopt the cache. I am sure someone could step forward....

Thanks for that OzGuff, keep me posted about your progress please, I have not, myself, heard from the setter yet.........

Eckington

I may have been the last person to see this cache and it was alive and well in late February. After some posts from other users, and since I was in the Park in any case, I stopped by and observed that the cache container (the original one) was still in place.

I'll be in the Park on Saturday 6th March and will (1) check on the original container and (2) look for the coconut husk and lost TBs.

I've also been in touch with the cache owner about watching over this cache while I maintain my own, and he is cooperative, but definitely not in London.

More news on Saturday... If the original is still there, maybe we can un-archive it and get it back in the search queue?

Tom

This cache is alive and well - we did it today :lol:

The co-ords are pretty much spot on and its right where the descriprion says it is - You can stand on the path and "reach in" and get the cache - no mud, no off pavement, easy find actually

As we saw the cache was archived this morning we took the Zippy TB out of the cache to re set him on his way - which we will do soon. The coconut husk two TBs have also been rescued :o:lol:

We will add a listing on the cache page later tonight as we have just got back home from a 12 day cache run around in London :lol: and need to go out as we have a dinner appointment.

We had considered bringing the cache home as its archived, but as its where its suppossed to be and intact - IOHO the cache should be de archived - possibly if it is adopted by a UK cacher for maintainance may help, as suggested by Perthos