Meridian Deleating-very Upset

Hi,

I just went out with Turmousour to hide a new cache, and when we got home, we started to make the page. However, my Meridian ran out of power while we were looking at the coords on the waypoint, and when we replaced the batteries, both of the waypoints that we made today were gone. Is there anything to do to retrieve them, or will we just have to go back? Thanks! B):rolleyes:B)B)

Don't know but you should always save critical waypoints and stuff to the memory card.

Just thought of something, if your tracklog is intact scan through it to find the likely spot or retrace your steps using it.

ive heard of the battery problem causing loss of data for awhile now with the meridians, also loss of external power while turned on.

I always saved saved waypoints and tracklogs to the memory card of the Platinum.

Edited by GOT GPS?
How do you save to the memory card?

Well, first you have to buy and install a SD card (the Meridians can operate without them, so you may not have one in there). Once a card is recognized by the unit, you hit Menu/Card Utilities/Save Track or Save Wpt/Route, enter the name you want to save it under, and you're there.

You also get to the Card Utilities menu to load stuff back into active memory.

Don't know but you should always save critical waypoints and stuff to the memory card.

Just thought of something, if your tracklog is intact scan through it to find the likely spot or retrace your steps using it.

ive heard of the battery problem causing loss of data for awhile now with the meridians, also loss of external power while turned on.

I always saved saved waypoints and tracklogs to the memory card of the Platinum.

I have been using a Meridian for over a year and I have never lost data when thebaterieshave died, and I have had he batteries die in mine several times.

I have been using a Meridian for over a year and I have never lost data when thebaterieshave died, and I have had he batteries die in mine several times.

As Embra said:

You've found a known limitation with the yellow/greens.

This limitation is only valid for meridian yellow/green, not for Meridian Gold, Marine, Platinum or Meridian Color.

I have only had it happen 1 time but it was at a bad time (when I was out of town) :lol: