Magellan Gps Companion To A Clie?!?!?

Ok - I've been thinking. I should be able to create a cable from my Magellan GPS Companion for Handspring Visor to talk to my Sony Clie' T665C shouldn't I? Supposing I have the connectors, and all I needed were to solder the right wires to the right pins, wouldn't it be possible?

I'm just having a hard time finding the pinouts on the Magellan & on my Clie. Any advise would be terrific.

VF

If they both have DB9 serial cables, just use a null-modem connector between them. I just got a CLie TJ25 and it only has a USB cable-- so I can't connect a GPSr to it. Does anyone know of a GPSr that sends Palm IR?

I 'think' the meridian platnum does something like that

as for the companion... I think ou would be better off getting another gps and just use cables. I dont tink you could get the companion to work with another type of pda device without serous work.

Maybe. I just can't help thinking that the Springboard is a serial interface and can somehow be 'rerouted' to the serial sync port on the Clie.

No DB9s here. As for the connectors, I have a beat up Visor deluxe that I can pillage the Springboard receptacle from, and Clie sync cables are less than $10.

Hmmm....

VF

A simple serial connection won't work for most Clies due to non-standard RS232 implementation. The PC-mobile site has some specially designed leads that do work properly though. I can send data in both directions between my SJ22 and my GPS320 that way.

Handspring devices have similar problem but PC-mobile has some help there also, but there are still problems with data transfer. The site has all the relevant info - if the website is al esson in "how not to". Support is really good also - ask questions and you get good helpful advice from someone who knows what they are talking about.

I just got a CLie TJ25 and it only has a USB cable-- so I can't connect a GPSr to it.

It may have only came with a USB cable, but is the plug on the bottom of the Clie much larger? You may find that it does have a serial port, you just need a cable that uses those pins.