Gps Type

Have a regular Garmin 76 that i had been using for the last year or so, but for Christmas Santa brought me a new 76s. Well wouldnt ya know it, while hiding a cache i left it on the bedrail of the truck and of course it was never to be seen again :lol: !!! Loved it so much that i saved up enough to get another off Ebay!!! :lol:

What gps's I own:

First and about 5 years old now is my Lowrance Global Map 100

Second was my Garmin GPS V

Third was the Magellan Meridian Platinum

Fourth is my Garmin StreetPilot 2610

I use the 2610 everyday for caching, work and life and the V for caching.

I think my next gps is going to be the Garmin 76cs or 60cs, I'm waiting for a friend to get his 60cs first to decide.

I started off in June 2002 by purchasing a Garmin V. I figured, why have to upgrade later from a basic unit, so I bought the best I could find. I didn't even start using the mapping and autorouting features until more than a year later! I have been very happy with my V.

But recently, for reasons explained on the cache page for The Elves are Easily Bribed, The Leprechauns are now a bilingual team since we now own a Magellan SporTrak Color. I am just learning how to use it. Having a second GPS will help when introducing someone new to geocaching, storing more waypoints on long trips without reloading, using two GPSr's on the same hunt with my daughter along with me, etc. I am also thinking that I might switch to using the Garmin V for the car, taking advantage of its autorouting and maps, and using the SporTrak Color in the field, as it has a built-in electronic compass and I can avoid the unplug-unmount-find cache- mount-plug in routine.

I would be interested in reading how other owners of multiple GPSr's use their different units for different specialized purposes.

Gotta' go with Garmin. Heck I live in same community as their World Headquarters down the street! :D

Garmin V for map routing along streets/highways and use Garmin etrex Legend for the trail. Love both units. Been thinking about the 60c or 76c :o