Posting For The Sake Of Upping Your Post Count

Mopar

I was just accused of that here. The topic starter posted the below quote* then locked the thread, so nobody had a chance to reply.

One last thing - why do I have a feeling that Mopar is only posting just to "up" his numbers???

So, since that thread is locked, and it would be off topic there anyway.... wadda ya think? Am I posting for the numbers?

I don't think so.

If I was a numbers kinda guy I could post 10 times a day in other threads to get my post numbers up.

If I was a numbers kinda guy I would get off my butt and log the last 30-40 caches I've found online, so my find count would be higher.

Like me or not, I think I usually only post when I have something to add to the conversation, like in the thread this started out in.

So, Geo-Trekker thinks I'm just posting for the numbers, does anyone else?

*Since edited out of his post and replaced with a different insult:

I am not just a newbie nor do I think I am the forum God (Or Goddess - Whatever you are Moapar)
Edited by Mopar
I am not just a newbie nor do I think I am the forum God (Or Goddess - Whatever you are Moapar)

I think you know what I mean, Mopar! B)

I thought I was the only one that posted just to up my numbers. Does this mean I've got competition? :rolleyes: Those post numbers are just sooooo important to me! B)

I'm not going to respond to this, lest I be accused of posting to up my numbers. :rolleyes:

Who cares how many posts someone has? There isn't any prize for posting frequently...well at least nobody's sent me a new Garmin 60C just yet.

I thought there was a prize if someone beats you...

Guess I've got to find a different forum to post in B)

I'm not going to respond to this, lest I be accused of posting to up my numbers. B)

Who cares how many posts someone has? There isn't any prize for posting frequently...well at least nobody's sent me a new Garmin 60C just yet.

I won a new fire-retardant forum suit when I reached the #5 spot...... :rolleyes: Thank God for the "Chat" thread! B)

Uhhh...Not true - Mopar. You are Quoting words that weren't even said. I don't think you are posting for the numbers - maybe to test your debating skills. From what I see - you opened this thread as a matter of provocation.

Yes, I did pass the comment "I am not just a newbie nor do I think I am the forum God (Or Goddess - Whatever you are Moapar" but that was not replacing anything.

Your lying here and in the other thread is getting tiring. I took screen shots, you silly little hermophrodite....wanna keep this up?

Uhhh...Not true - Mopar. You are Quoting words that weren't even said. I don't think you are posting for the numbers - maybe to test your debating skills. From what I see - you opened this thread as a matter of provocation.

Yes, I did pass the comment "I am not just a newbie nor do I think I am the forum God (Or Goddess - Whatever you are Moapar" but that was not replacing anything.

However I did not even type the words: "One last thing - why do I have a feeling that Mopar is only posting just to "up" his numbers???" Nor did I edit them out.

The only edit @ 9:39 was for HTML formatting...I'd go over and double check the Timestamps as well if I were you to find anomalies/inconsistencies in them between the starting of this thread, and mine.

As for closing my thread..I did that simply to keep things on topic (I am accustomed to the stringent moderation of the BCGA...My intention wasn't to take a cheap-shot at you, nor to get the last word.

Go ahead and start a new one. I am not avoiding the situation. In fact - if you twist my arm hard enough - I might as well reopen it. But aren't posters hated when the reopen year old issues? Or is this just on the top list of the cold-case files?

And if you do happen to have anything against me (It's kinda hard to when you haven't met in person), why don't you just make them clear instead of bashing in the forums? But, if that's your style - Ces't la vie - So be it. I can live with that.

Cheers,

- Matt

HA!!!!! I was following that thread, and saw the words Mopar posted above about upping his post count! Then, you edited it, and closed the thread....when I called you on that in a PM, you opened it back up! So, now your credibility has just dropped through the floor, and from what I'm hearing, I'm convinced that you are guilty of what you have been accused of in the other threads......gosh, wonder when you'll become an approver now? :rolleyes:

I'm not going to respond to this, lest I be accused of posting to up my numbers. B)

I won a new fire-retardant forum suit when I reached the #5 spot...... :rolleyes: Thank God for the "Chat" thread! B)

There's a chat thread? B)

The administration should get rid of the useless visible post count number. There would be much less white noise (like this thread) in the forums without it.

No one seems to care about the post numbers anyway, and it seems to create constant distress. Why not just get rid of it?

The administration should get rid of the useless visible post count number. There would be much less white noise (like this thread) in the forums without it.

No one seems to care about the post numbers anyway, and it seems to create constant distress. Why not just get rid of it?

Because without the post count, certain members would only be able to bash me based solely on my find count..... :rolleyes:

However I did not even type the words: "One last thing - why do I have a feeling that Mopar is only posting just to "up" his numbers???" Nor did I edit them out.

Ummm - hogwash. Ive read that thread SINCE yesterday and that WAS in your post.

southdeltan

*EDITTED to so that it says what I mean't for it to say*

Edited by southdeltan

Thats awful. Commiting blatent "forum fraud" like that. Then to come in here and state that he never did it. I hope you really did take screen shots, just so you know you have proof of what was said. I have come to like Mopar's frequent posts. But maybe, you just started this thread to get your count up. You know you win stuff if you get to 4,000. Look at "his" picture in "his" profile. Mopar's comment makes a lot more sense if you do. :rolleyes:

I agree 100%. We all know that numbers, no matter what kind cause trouble. Either you post too much and/or don't cache enough. Drop the post counts, let them be available in the profiles like the cache finds if they are needed. By the way, why are number of posts needed here? Normally they go along with uping the member type. Like they do with "Tadpole" to "Member". Do they reall signify anything?

dadgum Sparky. I haven't paid attention, but dang you been posting....lol

This is classic...I clicked on his name for his profile and I got...

"CGI Error

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers."

What are the odds? (I double checked and everyone else's profiles came up fine!) :rolleyes:

Edited by calvinrtvp
This is really becoming a joke

It is becomming a joke, because you won't admit that you are trying to weasel your way out of something you did.

It's a good thing he took screen shots. I probably wouldnt have thought of that. Not that anyone would doubt Mopar's credibility, but still. You wont let up, and admit it.

Accusing of lack of productivity? Give me a break. Apparently it was so important to you to protect your a**, that you edited and closed your thread. Grow some balls.

Edited by SBPhishy

G-T, why do you edit every post you make?

[edit begins here]

G-T: why the PM stating "this is a farse - lol"? Are you saying all your comments are fake? Like Jeremy said in the other post, "This double-talk is making me dizzy :rolleyes: "

Lets be honest, it is the best thing to do.

[/edit ends here]

Edited by Deckyon
No, when you called me in PM, Sparky....I asked whether or not I should reopen it...and it appears that Jeremy re-opened it. unless I stand corrected.

And didn't you comment Sparky that

I've got more experience in finding and hiding and posting to the forums....

- I see it that you have an exponential amount of experience posting in the forums than you do playing the game (39 Finds - 3000 posts). Maybe you should go back to your

From the Profile of Sparky-Watts: Woodworking, hiking, travelling, sitting, standing, lying, fibbing, throwing tantrums, squealing like a pig, banjo playing, dirt eating, firewalking, nose picking, buggar flicking, belching, flatulating, and rock dropping.

Why yes, I did make that comment about more experience in the forums....and I'm not ashamed of my post count or my find count.....but I would be terribly ashamed of lying in the forums and being nailed to the wall for it and still trying to weasel my way out of it like you are......so, I don't really see what your post has to do with my post you were responding to, or the thread you responded in.

I still participate in all of my hobbies listed in my profile, and again, see no relationship between that part of your post and this thread. I've got nothing to hide, nor nothing to be ashamed of.....don't you wish you could be more of an adult and admit the same thing? ....truthfully?

Some good tips for you GT:

1) Insert tail between legs.

2) Run.

You aren't going to win this one. Just continuing to fight it, just makes things worse. It's not like expressing an opinion. That is fine. If you have one, express and don't back down. But if people catch you lying, drop it and move on. You're just adding gasoline to fire.

Uhh and Southdeltan - you do realize that was "This Morning" not Yesterday..

If you'll check my post - I meant to say that I've been following that thread since yesterday (last night actually). I realized it wasn't worded properly so I editted it.

It is a joke - you're making personal attacks against people who have proven you did what you were accused of doing.

I'd cut my losses now and hope people forget about it.

(See the thread in the other Forum "Geocaching.com Topics" - Jeremy has pretty much called him on placing dangerous caches and posing as other geocachers with a fake username).

southdeltan

Yes, it's a joke, only everybody's laughing at you.

Guess we should start quoting all of your posts the second they appear, or taking screen shots of them like Mopar did, so that you can see your lies in black and white like the rest of us can. :rolleyes:

The flames and name calling are out of line. It seems a few of you in this thread need to read the forum guidelines.

Yep, its pretty bad when you have to drag Hydee into it.

It would probably be a good idea to calm down a bit as this thread is bordering being closed and I doubt another like it would be tolerated very long at all.

The flames and name calling are out of line.  It seems a few of you in this thread need to read the forum guidelines.

Yep, its pretty bad when you have to drag Hydee into it.

It would probably be a good idea to calm down a bit as this thread is bordering being closed and I doubt another like it would be tolerated very long at all.

Truthfully, is this thread really serving any purpose but to call out G-T on his behaviour?

I'd guess that Mopar would close it, but have a feeling that perhaps he is unable to do so after a previous comment..... :rolleyes:

Whoa. This is way too must drama and angst for me. Somebody

I don't know is having angst over some accusation that appears to be true, Mopar is having angst (sort of?) over post counts, Sparky having angst over post counts (wow, you two have something in common now), Lep having angst over.... well we won't discuss that.

Just reading all that made me angst ridden and I couldn't care less about this stuff.

Was there initially a purpose to all this?

Oh well, now I have an excuse to drink beer tonight to rid my self of angst. :rolleyes:

Whoa. This is way too must drama and angst for me. Somebody

I don't know is having angst over some accusation that appears to be true, Mopar is having angst (sort of?) over post counts, Sparky having angst over post counts (wow, you two have something in common now), Lep having angst over.... well we won't discuss that. 

Just reading all that made me angst ridden and I couldn't care less about this stuff.

Was there initially a purpose to all this?

Oh well, now I have an excuse to drink beer tonight to rid my self of angst.  B)

no, I'm just having angst over the word angst....who invented that word? It's an odd one, for sure! B):rolleyes:

Go out and have a beer for every post you've made before you come back and post again, Carleen! B) We'll see you in a few months, ok? ;)

Edited by Sparky-Watts

Yes, it's a joke, only everybody's laughing at you.

Guess we should start quoting all of your posts the second they appear, or taking screen shots of them like Mopar did, so that you can see your lies in black and white like the rest of us can. :rolleyes:

Woah, Socky...calm down a bit. Keep your head above the water, you don't want a 3-day vacation

no, I'm just having angst over the word angst....who invented that word? It's an odd one, for sure!

I found this definition/history:

Angst

German word for the anxiety or anguish produced by an acute awareness of the implications of human freedom. An important notion for existentialist philosophers, including especially Kierkegaard and Heidegger.

I also found a claim that it is a Dutch word here.

I am still looking for a site that tells me it is perfectly healthy to go drink 1,843 beers.

Edited by carleenp

Posting just to up your numbers? Why didn't I think of that. I could get rid of this "tadpole" tag.

I generally visit the forums for a few hours each day, and enjoy the comments submitted by the more frequent contributers even though I don't add anything myself.

The only way I see that I can help to stop this evil posting practice is to kidnap sparky's cats and mopar's canoe, then hold them hostage.

Nah, too much angst already. I don't think a beer would help, so I'll go down the holler, find Jim Bob's still and get a quart of shine.

Up mine? Why thank you, I believe I will . . . . . B)

Now, I just need to create a fake account, post fake caches, deny it & argue

with everyone until my story has been blown full of holes, Jeremy's been after me and I am sinking in my own lying deceit. Then I'd really BE somebody.....right?

:rolleyes:

Wow all this typing is tiresome.. . . ..