March 26th, 2004

DirtRunner

Hey Everybody.

Well, the weather is getting nicer, the ice and snow is disappearing and in the spring time a young man’s thoughts turn to Geocacheing!

Since I’ve been sitting on my big fat butt for most of the winter, I’ve got some ground to catch up on, and so I am proud to announce….DirtRunner’s 1st Cache Machine of 2004!!

<Monster Truck Voice>

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

Be THERE!

</Monster Truck Voice>

Anyway, Geocaching is fun but Geocaching with others is even better. So please consider this an open invitation to all of you to please come and join me for the first run of the season

March 26th, 2004 (That’s a Friday)

General Location: Port Hope Area

Start Time: About 9:30AM (ish)

Caches to be hit as follows….

62232_2900.jpg

When I read the thread from Res2100 for the Grand Trunk get together I thought that was just the best idea I had read in a long time so I wanted to extend the hospitality to my run, maybe it will become a tradition

So PM me or reply your interest in this thread, all offers of shotgun will be gratefully accepted.

So clear off your calendars, I hope you one and all can make it.

DirtRunner.

Edited by DirtRunner

Great idea! And I was just about to post and say count me in, or atleast for part of it, as I have done 8 of those 10 caches already, and would tag along to some of them again. But :rolleyes: since it is Friday, my son has school, so I don't know if/how I could make it. Now if it was the Saturday (or a week earlier during March Break), that would be even better, and I am sure more people could make it easier if it was the weekend, but then again I often wonder if geocachers work. B)

It would be great to meet some of the people east of the city.

How about a cache machine in Peterborough??? I would like to give some of the Tripper caches a try there.

Like This ?

62232_3000.jpg

Sure but only if you can make it on the 26th, otherwise I'll stick to my original plan of the Port Hope area. I can understand that nobody wants to waste their time visiting caches they have already been to so I am open to giving Peterborough a visit...but only if you can make it on the 26th. That's the day I have and I can't move it.

Let me know

DirtRunner.

I am 95% sure I can't make it :rolleyes: , so go ahead and stick with your original area. I do hope to get out there and do some of those caches on the northern side of Rice Lake sometime during March Break.

Where did you get the cool areal views from and how did you put the waypoints on there?

Those maps absolutely rock in my opinion, they have helped me so much plan my outings over the last six months.

The site is GPS Visualizer. Give it a shot, it is just so cool.

Sorry about you not being able to make it. Take the kid out with you for the day, call the school and tell them that he's sick. :lol:

Anyway, judging by the flood of responses this thread has generated, it looks like I am solo for my run once more but you never know, I might still get lucky. There is still some time before the 26th

Think about Hookey

DirtRunner.

:D Sorry cant make it tomorrow. You know the way the army is. Just got back from Kabul and they have us going to the range to fire the 25mm from the Coyotes.

But i will be moving down to Trenton this summer, might see you around then.

Pappy

Much to my Utter and total Dismay I've had to cancel this outing due to Rain. Rain, rain, rain, rain! Oh Lord why do you mock me so!!??

Anyway, There still is a small silver lining around this cloud. I have moved my cache machine to tomorrow Saturday March 27th! The forecast is calling for Cloudy and 20% chance of Precipitation mostly in the morning so I can live with that.

I have to Take little girl to dancing in the morning, So I plan to get out to the Post Hope area around Noon. I've modified the cache machine a little also to just keep within the Port Hope\Coburg Area

The Caches I will be going after are

Lonely Road

The Ghost of Lady Marsh

Ez On, Ez Off

Sylvan Glen

Lost Vegas GeoPoker #4

The File Factory

John's Treasure

Marina Mosey

Lost Vegas GeoPoker #3

Lost Vegas GeoPoker #1

Lost Vegas GeoPoker #2

62232_3100.jpg

The way I will tackle it is to start with the one furthest out (Lost Vegas GeoPoker #2) and work my way back to the closest (Lonely Road)

I will take on all the Rice Lake caches in another day when I can take my time to appreciate them properly. I don't want to rush though them and miss the experience.

OK, there you have it, I know the notice is extremely short but if you've been thinking about it, Here's your second chance.

Thanks

DirtRunner.

EDIT: TYPO...Doh!

Edited by DirtRunner

Well, It's Done.

We got 10/13 today and it was only because we ran out of time and I had to get back to pick up the schmoopie.

Nozzletime and I met up at Whitby and made a run for the Port Hope and Coburg area caches.

It was a blast. Nozzletime, there are few that I have met in my life that are as affable and nice as you.

Stay tuned for the the Next Cache Machine coming up sometime in May.

Thanks for everything

DirtRunner.