Before Geocaching

52133_3100.jpg

That sure is a lot of snow for July! :lol::lol:

I'll have to dig around and see if I can find an old photo of me for this thread.

Edited to add the picture:

Here's my ugly mug, circa about 1980. That's my cousin Melissa with me.

meandmissy.jpg

Edited by thomascanty
Like, oh my god! That pic is SO 80's! Fer sher! Dig the hat! :lol:

I really miss the 80's. They were a lot of fun. :lol:

Man, if you think THAT's 80s, you should see the picture I was THINKING of posting! I'll see if I can dig it up tonight. It will definitely make you laugh out loud!

I dug this out tonight and used the digital camera to upload it. This is one of the promo photos for a cheesy rock band that I played keyboards in. Big hair and spandex. Ay yi yi.... This would be around 1988 or 1989. I was 21.

28280_5800.jpg

Did you and your band play any bars in K.C.? This group looks kinda familiar.

Here I am before I became Geo Ho . . .

So sweet, so innocent, sooooooo boring!!

e7b6db98-e0d7-4ffd-b566-804b4090abe5.jpg

Prom Night (no . . . I didn't say no)

0e1134f0-a20e-42e5-9a26-2bf690a3bceb.jpg

Ack!! High School Photo

f517e62b-b444-475b-9653-d61b49a8a84f.jpg

In my Civil Air Patrol uniform

218d9c76-7c9e-4545-b26d-d8c085d4fa1e.jpg

Big Hair . . . flashback to the 80's???

7b5755d3-1aa6-49b2-b75a-5947fcd76732.jpg

Aaaaah! That's more like it!

So there it is . . . or should I say, there I am.

Enjoy!

Happy caching and stuff!! :lol:

jumpin' jiminy! you're all so beautiful! i'm getting all teary-eyed. my mental soundtrack has joan baez singing "forever young".

tell me this... how doe one upload pictures to the forum? i tried once, but didn't get it. tell me, and i'll see what i can do about pics of me.

and criminal, that first picture, well, it's STUNNING. first of all, it's a really good picture. it's well-composed and has a lot of dpth, plus it's so evocative of its time and i could go on and on but you'd think i'm sappier than i am.

if that's possible.

i play at being all curmudgeonly, but really i'm a big, fat softie. but shhhhh, don't tell nobody. it's a secret.

Clearpath wrote:

Did you and your band play any bars in K.C.? This group looks kinda familiar.

I think we might have, but I honestly can't remember! The band name was Last Call. Basic 80's cover band and we tended to play bars.

Hydee wrote:

This is from the late '80s it is my HS soccer photo. I have many that are much worse

I think everyone should post at least one bad pic! I posted my huge glasses pic after all! :o

Halden wrote:

Me in High School experimenting with a Fish Eye lense:

That is a cool pic!

Edited by carleenp

This one's from '73; I think Mom has most of my old ones. Yeesh! I think I'm better looking than my sisters :o

mthoodmead.jpg

Here's one from college. Summit of Mt Hood, 1982. (I'm the guy in the yellow jacket)

mthood.jpg

And more recently. Maybe 91-92; something like that (I'm in the middle). Summit of Half Dome after climbing Snake Dike. Now I can put all that skill to work on caches like this! :D

halfdome.jpg

Edited by Touchstone

Well this is an interesting post. After dragging out all the old photo albums and sharing some laughs with my wife and kids, I've made some selections.....

Taken about '71 or '72 Then it was a good copy of Cartoons that kept my intrest..

176587_900.jpg

This is about 1982, That's my daughter who now caches as marketer

We're on my old 69 race Bronco...

176587_1000.jpg

And finally, my wife, xstitcher and our daughter. Again about 1982

176587_1100.jpg

Well I haven’t posted in a while and this is as good a topic as any to post to but then I started looking at old photos and wanted to cry. I’m going on a diet this week.

I know this is a before caching thread but I thought I would include a recent photo to motivate my self to loose some weight.

The first photo was taken about 1986 on an island off the gulf coast of southern Florida, I was setting up a tent for a overnight stay. I was about 23 Boy did I look fit and trim.

The second picture is a wipe out on Center Hill Lake in Tennessee taken about 1993. Seven years had passed and I was starting to get a little extra padding on.

The last one is the motivational photo taken last Saturday at the It's All Down Hill from here cache in Athens Tennessee.

As you can tell from the look on my face the down hill part is after you find the cache it’s all up hill to the cache.

Boy how time changes us.

You can Click on the pictures to see them full size.

tent.jpg

[splash.jpg

[logging.jpg