Travel Bugs

Oat

My team's first cache hide had two of our own bugs inside. We are racing the two to a cache in Florida. I just added a note to our cache web page saying we had dropped the bugs in there, and then logged them into the cache. It's perfectly okay to do that!

Would it be ok for me to drop a travel bug into one of my own caches and edit that cache site stating that I have added one?

Yes. I might be unclear about the terminology you used but the way to log a travel bug into any cache you have previously recorded as a find or for one of your own caches is to:

Log a "note" entry to that cache. In that log entry write a note about placing the bug but DO NOT post the tb dog tag number. (You never should post the a tb's dog tag number in any of your log entries) Just before you log the entry go to the bottom of the page and there you will find a pull-down menu that shows all the tb's in your possession. Click on the one you are dropping off and then click to log the entry.

If you don't see the tb listed there then you might not have "grabbed" it when you found the bug.