What are the differences between eMap and III+?

Guest skubish

Guest skubish

What are the differences between Garmin's eMap and the III+? I have been comparing both models any I don't see many differences.

1. eMap is smaller

2. III+ has an external antenna.

3. III+ maybe has a slightly larger screen?

4. eMap can expand memory for maps

anything else?

Guest ekobres

III+ is more rugged and better suited to true outdoor/marine use. It's watertight -- the eMap is not. The III+ plus also has a few extra modes and is a little bit more configurable in terms of screens and data. The III+ is a landscape oriented screen and the eMap is portrait. The III+ has a little bit better backlighting. It also hold 4 batteries instead of 2, but they don't last twice as long as the eMap.

The eMap is good for light duty camping and hiking in good weather, and great for around town. The ultimate would be a III+ with a memory card like the eMap!

I have an eMap with 8mb, Metroguide and a serial cable. I LOVE it. Works great for Geocaching!

-Erick

n both screen setup options and external antenna and power options. I use mine for hunting and hiking and such and I like the more rugged case of the III+ for bad weather conditions.

Not to bad mouth the eMap. I think that if you mostly are going to use it for street navigation then the emap has the great advantage of the much greater memory capability. I would suggest downloading the manuals from garmin's web sight and read them. That will give you a really good idea of the differences.

Matt

[This message has been edited by mcb (edited 02-05-2001).]