Is The Disk Really Full?

RocketMan

I have been getting my share of server errors this weekend, but tonight I keep getting this:

Server Error in '/' Application.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is not enough space on the disk.

Try as I may, I can't upload any images to my new cache page. Is the disk really full?

RM

Cache logs appear to be sticking, but the Travel Bug drops are not sticking.

There is not enough space on the disk.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: There is not enough space on the disk.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below. 

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80070070): There is not enough space on the disk.

]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]

System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32 culture, String[] namedParameters) +0

System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers, CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473

System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +58

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]

System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String methodName, Object[] args) +113

System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1846

System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(MailMessage message) +150

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.SendServerEmail(String ReceiverEmailAddress, String Subject, String body, MailFormat MailFormat, WptBase Waypoint) +547

Groundspeak.Web.Messaging.MessageCenter.NotifyUsers(WptLog& Log) +1092

Groundspeak.Web.GPX.WptLog.Create(Guid LogGUID, Int64 OwnerID, Int64 WptRefID, DateTime LogDate, Int64 LogTypeID, String Note, Boolean IsEncrypted, Boolean OwnerCannotDelete, Int64 ObjWptID, WptDataSources DataSource, Double Latitude, Double Longitude) +1341

Geocaching.UI.LogBookPanel.CreateNewLog(Boolean CheckConfirm) +1542

Geocaching.UI.LogBookPanel.LogButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +95

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +108

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +57

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +18

System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +33

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +1277

There is probably a disk space problem. .net reacts differnet in different situations with low disk space. I can add a log to a cache but then can't get back and view it via the cache link.

I get the low disk space error when uploading images.

Jeremy needs a bat phone so we can let him know when things happen like this real fast.

We already have a hotline where we get notified of issues pretty quickly, in addition to a server that monitors the health of the site and emails us if there are issues.

Space is available now. Our log files are getting so large we have to offload them to another machine more often.

We already have a hotline where we get notified of issues pretty quickly, in addition to a server that monitors the health of the site and emails us if there are issues.

Is the hotline a number that you want to give out, or is that for the admins?

Edited by MarcusArelius
The admins have the number. Unfortunately, from experience, giving it out to the public can be worse than not having it at all.

The bidding starts at $500.00

just Kidding Boss. really I am.

Lapaglia waits for the ton of Admin Bricks to hit his head

"THUD"

Seriously, thanks for being on top of this.

When ntrying to check my log for GCGZ07 Pinnicle Girl Scout Cache. I get this error repeatedly.

An Error Has Occured

The 'name' start tag on line '869' doesn't match the end tag of 'na' in file 'file:///e:/caches/xml/94373/94373.xml'. Line 869, position 29.

Space is available now. Our log files are getting so large we have to offload them to another machine more often.

I guess I should mention that my original image upload problem that prompted me to start this thread was resolved a while ago; right after Jeremy posted his reply above. Now that is fast service. Thanks a bunch Jeremy. RM

We're going to exceed 50,000 logs in one week! No wonder I'm tearing my hair out. Now multiply that by calories burned = ?

OMG! That works out to what, about 5 logs per minute, every minute, for a week straight! Of course we know that most cachers only do it on weekends, and most are in the USA, so that means the actual prime time weekend numbers are truly staggering.

We're going to exceed 50,000 logs in one week!

And it's only February! :ph34r: Imagine the load is going to be much higher when the days get warmer and longer in the Northern Hemisphere. Will the servers be able to handle that much more capacity?

perhaps you should go to unit pricing instead of flat pricing. charge a certain amount per log.

or... you could just charge per post in the forums. that would probably pay for the main site by itself.

(yes, i'm just kidding)

(well, not about the forums)

We did it! :):D:)

In the last 7 days, there have been 51048 new logs written by 11176 account holders.

wow 51048 logs in a WEEK :D:D . I think when the warmer weather arrives we are going to blow the servers up :D:D (Good luck Jeremy. Your doing a fine job :D )

or... you could just charge per post in the forums.  that would probably pay for the main site by itself. 

Now if I had 2 cents for every opinion, I would have $4,265 just from the General geocaching topics.

hmm... :)

Send a bill to all those people that start or end their posts with "just my two cents..."!! :D

We'll be fine. In the next month or so we'll be completely in the new codebase. After we move images off of the main web server we'll be able to build a server farm so the site can keep up with the traffic. It's these growing pain moments that are the worst.