Travelbug Logging Query

Ok, I know its probably cheeky posting this here as well as in the tb forum but I think I might get a faster response here!

I have a travelbug which was collected from its starting cache last tuesday. It was then collected by another cacher who placed her into a cache this weekend.

Before the first person managed to log her into the cache, she was grabbed and logged by another person. Of course, this means her mileage is up the creek and the first person cant log her correctly. As the mileage is fairly important here (she is in a race against another bug) I would like to solve this.

I am not quite sure how to sort this out! I am certain its been discussed before but I cant find it here. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tiffany

Ok, the only way to do this is email everyone in the chain telling em' that you are going to delete their logs and they will have to relog in the correct order and from the cache that they took it from.

This will be very, very tricky (especially if any new cachers were involved) so good luck!

MarcB

We have just spent a few days caching and trigging in the Lake district and found a few TB`s but didn`t place them anywhere for this very reason. By the time we got home to log the TB the chances are someone will have picked it up and logged it themselves. We tried to log them on the Smartphone but kept getting errors on the TB page (OK to log caches on it, has any other smartphone user had this problem?).

Maybe the answer lies in etiqutte of the finder not to log it untill the placer has had time to log it into that cache. A quick read of the log book at the cache will show who placed it and maybe a follow up email to them to confirm that the new owner is waiting to log the TB as a find

poshandbecks

Edited by poshandbecks

I recently found one of my bugs had disappeared when I tried to leave it in a cache. Someone had logged it as found elsewhere. I had waited a couple of days so that a person could record a FTF when I had been only second. Fortunatly, the impatience of the person who logged the bug in my posession caused no problems, but it might have, and it was in a cache race so it would have been handicapeed if I had not been able to log it in all the caches I took it to.

Whilst it is unreasonable to expect people to wait indefintily, and we donlt want long chains of people waiting, I can see that people really should not log TBs immediatly using the retreaved from another cache option until they have no alternative. A wait of a few days seems appropriate if problems are to be avoided.