What's Your Leap Year Tally?

Snoogans

In honor of Geocaching's first leap year and my first Geoversary on 3/1:

Leap Frogz and Quantum Leap (Houston Area) are almost ready for approval. The pages are done. Final preps tomorrow and clicking the active box tomorrow evening.

I plan to find a bunch of caches on Sunday (& Monday) too.

(I'll post my finds and links to the pages later, of course.)

Anyone else doin' this?

Tallywise that's 2 hides so far.....

Sn :D:D gans

Edited by Snoogans

Leap Frogz and Quantum Leap (Houston Area) are almost ready for approval. The pages are done. Final preps tomorrow and clicking the active box tomorrow evening.

Anyone else doin' this?

Sn :D:D gans

i have to work that day so i only have time for one lame virt. but it's better that nothing. :D

Went 8 for 8 today with thegreentara. Gorgeous day in central Indiana. 60*, sunny and sweet. I'll go out solo tomorrow and hope for 9 more, as that will take me to 100 finds! But 9 in one day seems ambitious to me, especially since my bum knee is bummed after today's festivities. Still, I'll give it my best shot. I've got the whole week at my desk job to rest the knee.

Working tomorrow but hoping to find 1-2 caches after work. We're expecting snow so I'm not sure how bad the roads will be. Hopefully they will be just fine and I can grab a couple of caches.

My stats as of today:

33 finds (2 not logged yet...gonna do that in a minute)

1 approved hide

2 hides I just submitted which have not been approved yet

4 travel bugs I own

(For the record, I started caching on 01/01/2004...not too shabby for a 'newb'. :D )

14 caches for the day, if only I could log them. And a little sunburn. Spent the day with some cachers local to my CA site who took me all over the area to search out caches. NEAT day! And we met 3 other cachers as well while we were out and about.

LOTS of folks active on this extra day, and such a nice day too- it would have been ruined if it had been used as a Monday. :ph34r:

-Jennifer

We got our CITO Event today see: when it slows down a bit.

I have been having troubles accessing the page right now.

Leap Into Cleaning CITO Event

I got another one approved for today

Finders Keepers U.P.

GCHT5J

I have a couple more set, but will wait a while to let them get set in for a while,

You know,no tracks.

This is a Second Adopt a Highway Project For Geocachers

One find and one DNF. Nasty weather in the Houston area today, but you can only log 2/29 every four years, so we were determined. We did not feel so bad when we saw Snoogans DNF on the same cache yesterday. I just wish I had seen his DNF before we went to that spot in the rain, we could have just gone to the second choice first.

Anyone else doin' this?

Sn :ph34r:  :ph34r: gans

Holy crappie Snoogans! “Holy Grail” does not event come close, I think I could find that easier than I will complete This. I am glad I am on your team at TC2004

I did find three today. I wanted some 2-29 log dates too. I finished off an magnificent maniacal multi today and got some great TBug photos. I actually had my third anniversary of my first cache find this past Friday. That was a fun day of caching to be sure. I registered and hid my first cache well before I found my first, but back then caches were fewer and much further between.

I spent the Leap Day afternoon at a cache I found about a year and a half ago. However, my brother-in-law went for it yesterday and dropped his Palm somewhere in the woods. After 4 hours of searching he finally found it....I don't think I've seen him that happy since his wedding day.

No...wait...this was better. :ph34r:

Bret

:ph34r:Leap day???!!! What Leap Day???!!! I'm pretending this day didn't exist at all. In fact, I'm pretending this whole LEAP WEEKEND didn't exist...as it was a big ole' 0 for 4 for me. How much does that bite??? Got nuthin' but tons of mud and scratches on me to show for all my hard work! :ph34r:

I went out after 3 today while my fiance was laid up at home with a cold. I found one of three because I only had a short time period. At one there was a man and his pet bulldog I couldn't tell which was which :ph34r: )watching me intently so after some discret searching I called it quits as it was also getting dark. So much for the extra day to get some finds!

We hid 1 traveling cache today and only found one cache. We had 5 miles of hiking and was concerned about a family that missed where a trail turned, so we caught up to them about 1 hour before dark and 2 mile away from the parking area. We suggested returning to the marked trail but they kept walking along the creek. We lingered about 45 minutes near the trail juncture hoping they would be coming back since we had flashlights to lead them out, no sign of them so we finished the hike in the dark. We then drove the gravel roads to where the Creek crosses a road and located the family about 4 miles away from their car and well after dark. We drove the father back to his van and then led him back to the rest of his family. We discussed the importance of staying on the marked trails and he told us they had been lost earlier on a shorter trail so they thought the would try the long one. He said they would not be hiking for a long time, I think that is the best decision he made all day.

Happy Caching

GEO.JOE

I thought we did 29 on 2-29, but when I got home I only counted 27 (which is 29-2, for what that's worth). It was a nice, non-rainy day today, spent caching in Modesto California, home of some really evil micros and lots of pokey bushes. We had a great time.

--Marky

I've found 93 caches so far this year, placed 7.5. The .5 because the cache page exists, but I haven't been able to get up and place the cache. It's a long hike and I'm waiting for longer days for safety sake. The cache container is still strapped in the bed of my truck. :ph34r:

On the 29th, I found 10/11 caches attempted, and activated a Leap year cache that was found only once on that date.

Now I have to wait another four years to place Frogger Took a Leap...and Lost. :ph34r:

While not done on Leap Day, my wife, daughter and I found 4 on Saturday (Feb 28.) We weren't going to be able to cache on Sunday, so we went out on Saturday. There are 2 more in the area we were caching, but the 5 yo was tired from walking 3 miles. It was a great weekend, too. 60 degrees and no clouds.

OK. I got one stinkin find and a travel bug for Leap Year other than my two hides. The weather was so bad that I couldn't keep a sat lock long enough to double check the coords For Leap Frogz so I checked them today. Quantum Leap had about a dozen visitors on 2-29. I went back there today and didn't even have to whack any brush to get to it.

Tally:

Hides-2

Finds-1

TBs-1

Close to 20 hits on all my caches and one of my tb's moved. A very cool Leap Year in all.

Sn :):D gans