Mapopolis

kayakanimal

Who has this program? It is better to pay the extra 25.00 to get the cd version?

Well, I have the CD version. My reasons were mainly connection speed related. I have dial-up, no broadband available in my area, so downloading individual maps from the site would have been extremely time consuming.

I also enjoy the convenience of having everything right here ready to go.

However, if you have broadband then I can see how the download version would be ok, especially with the $ savings. - JamesJM

Who has this program? It is better to pay the extra 25.00 to get the cd version?

Well, I have the CD version. My reasons were mainly connection speed related. I have dial-up, no broadband available in my area, so downloading individual maps from the site would have been extremely time consuming.

I also enjoy the convenience of having everything right here ready to go.

However, if you have broadband then I can see how the download version would be ok, especially with the $ savings. - JamesJM

I do have broadband but was thinking that it might be easier to have it all in one place too.

If you have a broadband connection, get the download option, download everything, and put it on your own CD. If you're limited to dialup, like I am, get the CD. Note well, if you purchase the unlimited downloads, and Mapopolis issues new maps, you can't download them, only the version that you bought. Unlimited doesn't really mean unlimited.

And the gpx2maplet utility is only useful if you have a PPC. Maplets don't work on a Palm OS device, so don't bother if that's what you have.

Edited by NightPilot