Cybret's Latest Avatar

wimseyguy

This question has popped up in a few threads over the past weeks. Rather than derail one of those important on topic threads I decidied to start a new one. Here is the definitive answer from a Quizno's press release (and since we read it on the internet it just has to be true :huh: ):

Quiznos: Call them "spong monkeys"

Quiznos' new commercials, featuring singing gerbil-like spokescreatures, are being declared a success by the restaurant, its advertising firm and curious customers. The ad's creator calls the creatures "spong monkeys" but didn't elaborate what the term means.

PS misspelling of sponge is from them not me. :huh:

Its all a marketing thing. The more Wierd and/or anoying the commericals the better you are to remember their product, either in a positive or negitive fashion. Either way it usually causes you to bring it up in conversations like the one we have going on here and will intice someone to go get a Quizno sub!

Rathergood's best in my opinion was the viking kittens. They are no longer on the rathergood site. Someone in the forums uses on of these kitties for their avatar too. I'm sure I'll kill this guys bandwidth, but here are the viking kittens on another site -- http://www.dennyweb.com/viking_kittens.htm

LOL! I agree -- I've belly-laughed at those things for ages. Love that one, and the "mosh pit" kitties.

:huh:

Joel

Brokenwing and I sent their marketing department a message:

Dear Sirs,

I am hoping you can settle a dispute.  My wife and I have both seen your newest commercials with the singing mice.  My thought was that you were trying to say that your restaurants are filled with mice.  My wife, on the other hand, feels that the commercials are commenting on the contents of your sandwiches.  I thought she was being silly as we all know that there is not enough meat on a mouse to make a decent sandwich.

So, which is it?

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I have to say that neither one of these alternatives seems very appetizing to me.

I figured it might be one reason that toasting their subs is so important to them... trying to disquise putrid rodent meat flavor, perhaps? Oh, well, at least the 4yo enjoyed the commercials...

The commercial is marketing genius. Low budget, lots of attention. People either love it or hate it but either whey the noticed it.

Turning the stomachs of potential diners doesn't seem like marketing genius to me.

You're right, though, my wife and I do notice it. And the instant we notice it we turn the channel.

I say keep it. It beats that pink thing you had going a while back.

You didn't like the candy hearts?!?!?!!? Oooh man...and I got one just for you, too!

39219_4800.jpg

:huh:

New avatar to come soon...after all St. Patty's Day is comin'!

Bret

Nah, not that. I like candy, a lot! :huh:

Wasn't there a face (mean/scary) in a pink 70's psychadelic swirl? That's the one I didn't like-maybe it wasn't yours. :o

Brokenwing and I sent their marketing department a message:
Dear Sirs,

I am hoping you can settle a dispute.  My wife and I have both seen your newest commercials with the singing mice.  My thought was that you were trying to say that your restaurants are filled with mice.  My wife, on the other hand, feels that the commercials are commenting on the contents of your sandwiches.  I thought she was being silly as we all know that there is not enough meat on a mouse to make a decent sandwich.

So, which is it?

Thanks for your help.

p.s. I have to say that neither one of these alternatives seems very appetizing to me.

I figured it might be one reason that toasting their subs is so important to them... trying to disquise putrid rodent meat flavor, perhaps? Oh, well, at least the 4yo enjoyed the commercials...

loved the letter! those things give me the creeps! i'd hate to see those in a sandwich. inform us of their reply!

I would have to say that the avatar is fine (now I know where it came from). They are cute in an abnormal kind of way. But everytime I see the commercial, I turn the channel. I can't stand listening to them. If it was something that I really wanted to watch, then I will go back, if not, then another view has been lost. Is that a success? :huh:

With commercials like these (and others) I'm amazed at the number of levels of management that approved them.

I wish I could have sat in on those meetings.

The commercial is marketing genius. Low budget, lots of attention. People either love it or hate it but either whey the noticed it.

As I said in another thread, I won't eat there again till they stop running those commercials....used to be my favorite eatery.....yup, the commercials are getting them noticed, but the local shops have seen a drop in business since they started airing those commercials.....

I like the ads. We have a Quiznos in this neck of the woods, but I've never eaten there. I go by it everytime I go to work. I'm going to stop there. No, wait...that's the place that went out of business! :D

Bret, I like all your avatars. But I'm still partial to 9Key's. Like we say in Indiana, "if you don't like the weather, stick around; it will change tomorrow."

That's the way it is with his avatar. Don't like it today, like it tomorrow. :D

Here he is! His name is Kiki, cause we thought he was a girl at first. He turned out to be a boy. Now he has a girlie name. Sorry about the second pic. I couldn't resist! :D

178480_4200.JPG

If you were wondering, those are my teeth and eyes. I guess my teeth are screwed up enough to make it like the Quizno's things!

178480_4300.jpg

ANY COUPON WORKS!

I've never seen the ads and I've never eaten at Quizno's. I have been meaning to stop in some day to try it out, but after seeing those ugly creatures on the internet, I will stick with Subway. What the heck are they thinking???

My understanding is that fast food joints market to a younger crowd and the young'uns apparently like that weird stuff. Same with the Carls Jr ads "If it doesn't get all over the place, it doesn't belong in your face". Personally, I'm not attracted to ads of people making a mess when they are eating a burger.

Ad campaigns can turn me off to a product for a long time, if not forever. To this day, I won't buy Charmin TP because I get flashbacks of Mr Whipple whenever I see it on the store shelf. Please don't squeeze the Charmin. That ad campaign seemed to go on forever.

My 2 cents.

GPSKitty