? Whistler Galileo Elite Gps200

hometeachin

Hi,

I am new here and new to the world and thought of geocaching. I have spent a couple of hours reading and soaking it all in and find it wonderfully exciting! I just became interested in letterboxing and a friend told me about this on Sunday, and I am hooked.

So, now I need a GPS. I can't spend a bunch of money, and I did read the tips, but I wondered if anyone has or has heard of Whistler GALILEO ELITE GPS200 Handheld GPS System? I am thinking about getting one. I can get it for around $160 and to my novice eyes it looks good. I would like a color screen, but I don't think I can afford that!

I am in the process of convincing my dh that we need this, which shouldn't be too terribly difficult. He loves the outdoors--hiking and hunting--and has found the need for GPS more than once. :huh:

Thank you in advance for your help. All of this is just swimming in my mind.

Jenn

By its landscape profile, this seems designed for dashboard use, rather than being handheld. Prices for this thing seem to be all over the map. I've seen $175 to $350, which is very odd. Usually there's the MSRP, which most major retailers stick close to. Then there's the mail order dealer price, and that usually doesn't vary by more than $10 among reputable dealers.

There's nothing on epinions.com about this, but there is a review of the GPS100. Unfortunately, it's by someone who obviously has no experience with GPSs and is probably easily distracted by shiny objects.

Edited by Prime Suspect