New Geocaching On-line Magazine

El Diablo

GREAT JOB! Thank you for the hard work. collateral like this is an awesome resource for everyone, especially when a reporter wants to do a story on Geocaching.

How hard would it be to add a "printer freindly" link on the stories? Is it worth considering?

great job, thanks again.

A printer friendly link for each page is a great idea. We are also working on a downloadable PDF version--just couldn't get all that pulled together for the first issue.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

GREAT JOB! Thank you for the hard work. collateral like this is an awesome resource for everyone, especially when a reporter wants to do a story on Geocaching.

How hard would it be to add a "printer freindly" link on the stories? Is it worth considering?

great job, thanks again.

A printer friendly link for each page is a great idea. We are also working on a downloadable PDF version--just couldn't get all that pulled together for the first issue.

Thanks for all the great feedback.

A PDF version would be excellent (You guys would have more control over format) but a printer friendly version of the articles is good too.

I didn't see a spot to suggest future articles.  You may be able to get some good ideas this way. :huh:

There is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of every page. Also, on the last article for each section there is a "click here to submit" link. We are eager to have the community contribute! This is your mag.:huh:

Cool!

Is there going to be an official place to discuss the issues? You know, a forum?

At this point in time we have no plans on putting up a fourm. We do appreciate your feed back and want your ideas. Please feel free to click on the contact us link at the bottom of the page to relay your thoughts and ideas. Of course you can always discuss the Today's Cacher magzine here in the forums.

El Diablo

Is there some reason you morons thought you had the right to spam my email address with an announcement for this rag?  I guarantee I'll never read it as long as I live; I don't care how great it is.

Aiiirghh !!! Must ...resist.....warn meter ....clean...as......new snow, can't flame.......criminal will get him............

Come on Parrrr, be a bigger jerk. COuldn't you even ask, "DID anyone else get spammed ?"

I for one recieved no e-mail notification. And you don't want to read it ? YOUR LOSS !!!!!

These fellow lovers of our sport volunteered to make an outstanding, free E-mag available to us all, and you feel the need to blow up on a thread for us all to see ? E-mail them privately.

I simply delete all the Spam I get. Its a fact of life. Your rude comments are more offensive to me than any SPAM I've ever recieved. Looking for that block button now to apply to your name. Darn, there isn't one.

To all who had a hand in " Todays Cacher", thank you very much.

Parkrr, go to Navicache.

Edited to include: " My sig line was inspired by peoples knee-jerk reactions like that Parkrr."

Edited by Captain Chaoss
These fellow lovers of our sport volunteered to make an outstanding, free E-mag available to us all, and you feel the need to blow up on a thread for us all to see ? E-mail them privately.
Yeah, emailing spammers privately always works. They want to spam, they can deal with the consequences of being called out for it in public. I have no sympathy for spammers.

I simply delete all the Spam I get. Its a fact of life.
Then you're part of the problem.

Looking for that block button now to apply to your name. Darn, there isn't one.
Funny, I have a block button. You're even in its short list of people to ignore. I guess that's because I actually did something useful for the caching community, and I use it.
Looking for that block button now to apply to your name. Darn, there isn't one.
Funny, I have a block button. You're even in its short list of people to ignore. I guess that's because I actually did something useful for the caching community, and I use it.

No spam here, but I do know of someone else who was.

Now, tell me more about this block button? :huh:

I seem to have missed that between all the other useful projects you're worked on that I use almost daily.

I got the mass-mailed message today, but I didn’t consider it SPAM. I voluntarily gave the sender my email address when I contacted him thru this site in the past. I’m pretty sure no email addresses were obtained by any nefarious means, and I’m grateful that the message was sent as a Blind Carbon Copy, so my address wasn’t spread to others.

That being said, I hope the sender realizes that mass-mailed messages like this are pretty tacky sometimes. I appreciate the idea and the efforts put into the magazine, but next time I’d recommend skipping the mass email.

As far as the on-line magazine…great work!! I really enjoyed reading it and look forward to the future issues.

Is there some reason you morons thought you had the right to spam my email address with an announcement for this rag?  I guarantee I'll never read it as long as I live; I don't care how great it is.

One of the editors for the magazine sent out an email from his personal address book that went out to about 60 people that he personally knows, mostly local cachers. Unfortunately you were one of those 60 in his address book.

He never intended to spam anyone. He only wanted to give a heads up to what he considered friends. We have since addressed the issue and I assure you no one involved with this magazine will be spamming anyone.

El Diablo

edited for a mistake.

Edited by El Diablo

Well, first off, let me just say that I received the link to the mag in my weekly cache notification, but if I had received a personal email from one of the editors, I wouldn't have minded.

Kudos to the Magazine's editing and production team on a job well done!!! You should be proud of yourselves for undertaking this daunting task. :D

Aiiirghh !!! Must ...resist.....warn meter ....clean...as......new snow, can't flame.......criminal will get him............

Come on Parrrr, be a bigger jerk. COuldn't you even ask, "DID anyone else get spammed ?"

I for one recieved no e-mail notification. And you don't want to read it ? YOUR LOSS !!!!!

I simply delete all the Spam I get. Its a fact of life. Your rude comments are more offensive to me than any SPAM I've ever recieved. Looking for that block button now to apply to your name. Darn, there isn't one.

To all who had a hand in " Todays Cacher", thank you very much.

Parkrr, go to Navicache.

Edited to include: " My sig line was inspired by peoples knee-jerk reactions like that Parkrr."

Its a shame you really dont know anything about this geocaching community and what certain people have done for it over the years.