Time To Clean Up Your Disabled Caches

the england's

Ok, after other posts in the forums and talking to swampy about temp disabled caches, we have decided to start a "cull" of caches disabled longer than 3 months. We WILL be taking the hard line on this one (apologies if this annoys some) but we dont have time to be emailing back and forth, waiting for reponses. If it has been disabled more than 3 months it will be archived. If you want it unarchived then get out there and clean up. This means everyone, swampy and me included. We will do our own caches first.

Id like to know what this is all about. Why go around archiving the disabled caches? At least we take the time to warn others that our cache is not available(and showing that we care enough to regularly check on them) There are way more caches listed that have not been located in years despite cachers trying. Why dont you deal with those?, they are the ones that are the major problem. As for mine being disabled for so long, Ive been waiting for the area to recover enough. I know its been a long time, but the plants growing there are not exactly the fastest growing things around(specially during a drought) so I thought I would give the area a decent chance to recover from the fires that swept through there before I allowed more people to go back there. I just feel that I put more effort in caring for my caches than most, yet Ive been given less power now than someone who just plants one and never returns, and lets people waste their time searching for non existant caches, and you would know that Ive been checking as Ive been leaving notes on my observations whenever I check on my cache pages. You sent me an email asking what was happening with mine, and after telling you I will reopen it ASAP, you archived it like Im another irresonsible cacher. I think this plan of action your taking will lead people to not bothering to check their caches well fare, because its obviously is a waste of time, and worse still, not disabling busted ones so that it does not draw attention from the cache police

Here you have a case of potentially creating geo litter. If the cache is truly abandoned or MIA and the owner has even abandoned their listing then by all means free up the area for a new cache. Be sure to retrieve the old container though or adopt it out.

Jedda makes a good point. There are more reasons than lazyness (and plenty of lazyness to boot) for disabled caches.

Not having enough time to wait for email replies just tells me there is not enough approvers down under to go around.