Your Forum Central

uperdooper

You know, the discouraging thing is that your personal space never looks very cool once the digital photo has been taken and it's placed online. (He says, dodging the obvious comments that it was probably never cool to begin with.)

Oh well, think I'll find a decorator, or at least post a better forum lurking station.

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  :grin:  It messes with my head.  :grin:

it's just you. i think it's cool. :huh:

I think it's cool, too. It's kind of like driving down a street at night, and being able to see in the windows of people's living rooms. For some reason, we're all just curious about how other people live.

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  :grin:  It messes with my head.  :grin:

I think it's cool, too. It's kind of like driving down a street at night, and being able to see in the windows of people's living rooms. For some reason, we're all just curious about how other people live.

i have been typing to some of the people in the forums for over a year. they are like family to me. at least i can picture them while they are posting. :o

i have been typing to some of the people in the forums for over a year. they are like family to me. at least i can picture them while they are posting. :o

Yep, I like that, too.

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  :unsure:  It messes with my head.  :)

it's just you. i think it's cool. :D

You're kinda scaring me, Pip! :unsure:

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  :unsure:  It messes with my head.  :)

it's just you. i think it's cool. :unsure:

i have been typing to some of the people in the forums for over a year. they are like family to me. at least i can picture them while they are posting. :D

That's right, whether we're the black blue sheep or not :unsure:

it's just you. i think it's cool. :D

You're kinda scaring me, Pip! :unsure:

Nah, don't be scared. I'm not a window peeker or anything. I mean when you're just driving down the street and it's dark and people have their lights on, making it really easy to see into their houses. Sort of like a micro version of a "Parade of Homes." :unsure:

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  B)  It messes with my head.  <_<

it's just you. i think it's cool. :blink:

You're kinda scaring me, Pip! :blink:

Nah, don't be scared. I'm not a window peeker or anything. I mean when you're just driving down the street and it's dark and people have their lights on, making it really easy to see into their houses. Sort of like a micro version of a "Parade of Homes." B)

Repeat after me....

I WILL NEVER LOOK IN OTHER PEOPLES WINDOWS!

And you can title this one "Peeping Tom Lessons Learned From D-man B) "

Waaay back in the 9th grade (cir. 1979) me and a couple of friends were camping out in the backyard of one of them.

The school librarian had just recently moved in next door to him & she had a 16 year old daughter that was Slam Bam! Drop Dead Gorgeous!! Definate super model material!

Well boys being boys, we slipped next door and tried to slip a peek at her. :)

Not knowing which room was her's, we just picked the closest one to the back corner for a quick get away if needed.

As we got closer, we heard noises that made us realize that something was going on in there, and it wasn't sleeping!! ;)

B)B):P

Stealth like we snuck up under the window and all rose up at the same time.

But to our wondering eys should appear but Lively Ole St. Nick & 8 Tiny Reindeer!

Ooops wrong story! :P

SKIN!! B)

Black leather cupless teddie & matching black leather panties with silver studs, garter with black lace hose!!

YEP!! You guessed it! :huh::tired:

Mrs. Moss (not her real name), our 50-something, around 150lbs overweight school librarian had a wild side!!

:(;)B):P:(

EEWWWWWWWW!!!!!!

So I hope my experience has learned you well!!

:PB)

Back on topic!! (Shudder!!)

Here's where I work daily churning out all types of graphic designs & evenings and weekend in GCing preperation enjoyment!!

geo_desk1.jpg

And a closer view of the War Zone!!

This is actually cleaner than normal!! If you can believe it!

geo_desk2.jpg

D-man B)

Is it just me, or is anyone else weirded out by seeing where everybody is when they post to these forums?  :P  It messes with my head.  <_<

it's just you. i think it's cool. B)

You're kinda scaring me, Pip! :blink:

Nah, don't be scared. I'm not a window peeker or anything. I mean when you're just driving down the street and it's dark and people have their lights on, making it really easy to see into their houses. Sort of like a micro version of a "Parade of Homes." B)

Yeah....right. :tired:B):blink:

Oh, come on you guys! Don't tell me you haven't turned your head and looked when driving down a street and someone has their front curtains open and you can see in. You're just in denial.

And for the record, I HAVE NEVER EVER GONE UP TO A HOUSE AND LOOKED IN SOMEONE'S WINDOWS, i.e. 'window peeping.' <_<

The little doodad hooks two PC's to one Keyboard/video/mouse. They call it a KVM switch. I wish I had bought the 4 position one since there is another PC in My office I use a lot.

Why would you hook multiple keyboards/monitors to one PC?

I have a dual-monitor system (laptop running internal and external LCDs) for web development, etc... Just convenient to expand your desktop real-estate.

Anyway, here is my command center. Take one grad student, add finals week, plus a building full of 350 freshmen to take care of... and you get the mess that is my desk...

2094394459_a773dae1af.jpg

[Click image to see larger version if anyones interested]

The eMachines dinosaur on the left is running FreeNAS with 2 500gb drives and serves sortof like a digital attic... The LCD monitor is running the extended desktop of the laptop in the pic...

Also visible are two travel bugs (including a red jeep), and probably TONS of other random things scattered throughout the workspace...