Your Forum Central

uperdooper

I am resurrecting this thread for two reasons:

(1) I always thought it was a fun thread and thought some newer people might want to add to it and (2) My situation changed! On a few days notice, I packed up my messy office for painting and renovation and moved to a fairly dark corner of the law library in the periodicals room. I will be there until September. At first, I was not amused, but now I kind of like the new location better!

The toys got taken home, but Pikachu made the move to the library:

357b66d8-a2d3-4cc7-8bdc-dd600e855edd.jpg

A view of my new workspace:

fc2e1c72-7304-4272-be23-4b60cc64a581.jpg

A view looking out from the desk. There is a cool balcony w/ books and a mural that doesn't show in the pic. 30 foot or so ceiling too:

0d4be06a-7d96-4e9f-9145-0035e92bf7b6.jpg

I always wanted big windows:

a3311982-fca0-4f10-9ac1-b79f9a92c98a.jpg

Neat topic!

I don't have any photos of my current setup (I'll take some soon), but I do have some of the old apartment...

How many atrocities of technology can you spot?

desk_old_1.jpg

The main computer and desk

desk_old_2.jpg

Secondary machine and radio desk

desk_old_3.jpg

The Workbench

(What is this "cleaning" of which you speak?)

I am resurrecting this thread for two reasons:

(1) I always thought it was a fun thread and thought some newer people might want to add to it and (2) My situation changed! On a few days notice, I packed up my messy office for painting and renovation and moved to a fairly dark corner of the law library in the periodicals room. I will be there until September. At first, I was not amused, but now I kind of like the new location better!

The toys got taken home, but Pikachu made the move to the library:

A view of my new workspace:

A view looking out from the desk. There is a cool balcony w/ books and a mural that doesn't show in the pic. 30 foot or so ceiling too:

I always wanted big windows:

Carleen, is that traffic cone yours? Or was it just sitting in the library?

I actually do more "forum browsing" at work than at home. The station management doesn't mind, as long as everything gets done and we stay on the air. Depending on the week, I'm either pushing buttons on the console or working in the tape room; both desks have network drops available for important Geocaching business, and are set up so that I can keep an eye on things while I'm here. :huh:

Photos of my current "Forum central":

for_cent_1.jpgfor_cent_2.jpg

Great topic, because I seriously do not think this one has been done before. Here is what an approver's workspace looks like. The Admin Brick is my only weapon, and the shipments of Mountain Dew are my only employee benefit.

124791_1500.jpg

Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers Badgers

MUSHROOM MUSHROOM!!!!

Repeat

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!!! SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!