Your Forum Central

uperdooper

i have been interested in where everyone browses the forums from. where do you check for caches, flame, post, or do abjectly silly things when you are home.

here is mine. it's in 2 pictures because the desk is so big. i have 8 franklin mint star trek pewter starships, 2 gargoyles, lots of books, and plenty of other goodies.

166984_3400.jpg166984_3300.jpg

Heh. I like this topic. Give me a second to grab a pic and post it. And then after I clean up, I'll do another.

[edit] added pic

<image moved to another post, so we don't have to look at it 100 times>

Ouch. Good incentive to clean up my room. I'll post the clean version a bit later.

And good use of the panoramic feature of my Canon G3. :)

[edit] removed pic

Jamie

Edited by Jamie Z
Heh. I like this topic. Give me a second to grab a pic and post it. And then after I clean up, I'll do another.

[edit] added pic

roomdirty.jpg

Ouch. Good incentive to clean up my room. I'll post the clean version a bit later.

Jamie

psssssssst, there is a bike on your ceiling!!! :)

[edit] added pic

<image deleted>

Jamie

This $40 item could reduce the desktop by %50 0446.jpg I'm using one now to switch between this PC and the one I'm using to up-date data bases. Very nice.

[edit] added pic

roomdirty.jpg

Jamie

psssssssst, there is a bike on your ceiling!!! :)

:) It's not a bike. It's a towel rack.

[edit] added pic

<image deleted>

Jamie

This $40 item could reduce the desktop by %50 0446.jpg I'm using one now to switch between this PC and the one I'm using to up-date data bases. Very nice.

That actually looks like one system with two monitors.

manroom1.jpg

Here's a shot of the MAN ROOM, or at least the command center of it.

You might notice that above the desk on the wall are two pictures. One is the prayer of St. Francis and the other is this picture of Ned Flanders:

manroom2.jpg

Hmmmm...that probably says a bit too much about me.

Bret

Got it cleaned up and posting the before/after pics here. Amazing what an hour will do. I even vacuumed and threw away my empty bottle of Red Dog. (Mmmm)

My towel rack still hangs from my ceiling, and Rusty, Totem is correct. Dual monitors... although if that little doodad will allow me to use several keyboards with my system, I might be interested.

Frolickin, whose the framed picture of? It was conspicuously not-visible from either angle.

JMB, the syringe and spoon are nice. :)

Before:

roomdirty.jpg

After:

roomclean.jpg

Jamie

<snip>

Why would you hook multiple keyboards/monitors to one PC?

I use multiple monitors when doing music production. I have the multi-track on one screen, and the effects processors on another. For Geocaching it's maps one, gc.com on the other. At work one of our test stations is set up with the Logic analyzer on one pattern gen on the other. For every day use It's nice to be able to see two applications full screen say a CAD program and Excel... you get the idea.

I like it better than two computers for data transfer. No files to move, just cut and paste.

Is that a game of railroad tycoon I see on the desktop?

How very observant of you. I was wondering who would notice. :)

It's actually Railroad Tycoon II, but you were close enough. What else is on my desk? :)

51240_9400.JPG

Okay, there's a four speaker sound system, a phone, a spray bottle, what looks to be a rollodex off to the right off the monitor (which I don't understand why you'd have a rollodex by a computer)

3 remotes on the arm of the couch, presumably for tv, dvd player, and either a stereo or a vcr, there's what looks to be a box for turbotax on the coffee table between the couch and the computer, and underneath the coffee table is sweet little Geody...

You might notice that above the desk on the wall are two pictures. One is the prayer of St. Francis and the other is this picture of Ned Flanders:

Like Bret, I have a couple things adorning my walls. One is simply an umbrella. The other is the license plate of my no-longer-owned truck.

wwsd.jpg

Jamie

Here's a shot of the MAN ROOM, or at least the command center of it. 

You might notice that above the desk on the wall are two pictures.  One is the prayer of St. Francis and the other is this picture of Ned Flanders:

Bret

i love the flanders pic. where did you get it. don't feel strange. i'm a 48 year old woman with a krusty the clown bobblehead, pinky and the brain miniatures on top of my monitor, and a chicken run plane made from burger king kids meal toys. my husband still wonders how i can watch tv, use the computer, and read at the same time. the bottles of "special" beverages are kept in the freezer.

Is that a game of railroad tycoon I see on the desktop?

How very observant of you. I was wondering who would notice. :D

It's actually Railroad Tycoon II, but you were close enough. What else is on my desk? :unsure:

51240_9400.JPG

Okay, there's a four speaker sound system, a phone, a spray bottle, what looks to be a rollodex off to the right off the monitor (which I don't understand why you'd have a rollodex by a computer)

3 remotes on the arm of the couch, presumably for tv, dvd player, and either a stereo or a vcr, there's what looks to be a box for turbotax on the coffee table between the couch and the computer, and underneath the coffee table is sweet little Geody...

Not TurboTax, but TaxCut :D

The "rollodex" is a CD case :)

Otherwise you did very good.

The remotes are for Satellite, VCR, and TV/Receiver

It's obvious that you don't know Jamie like I do. The license plate is a gentle reminder to him that, "Women Want Space Dudes". Jamie knows that nothing says, "I'm available" like letting a fine lady know that you plan on sitting at home at watching the Mars rover landing with your internet buddies.

Bret

P.S. The Flanders picture was from an old cover of Christianity Today (about 2 years ago). I might still have a scanned copy around here somewhere.

NIce thread! I go wireless at home so I'm wherever the kids are not! Need the peace and quiet you know! I have even been know to take the laptop into the bathroom with me instead of a book! So I don't think that would be an appropriate pic to post! LOL. I have been a big fan of the bed with nice comfy pillow propped up behind me, as of late. Isn't technology cool?