Caches In Wisconsin Which Require Multiple Days...

adam_peterson

As much as I would enjoy such a cache, I am afraid there is no such thing in WI.

Although there are several caches in the "middle of nowhere", all can be accessed with only a few miles of hiking. Most of our deepest woodlands have passable logging trails, which allow for vehicle traffic up to about 5 miles from most points.

Anbody know of a WI cache more than 5-6 miles from a legally passable road?

I was wondering if any of you have recommendations for the hardest-to-reach geocaches in the state of Wisconsin. I'm looking for one that is so far back in some remote location that one must spend multiple days of hiking in order to reach it.

Please let me know if you know of such a cache.

Thank you!

Adam Peterson

Alas, I don't think there is such a cache in Wisconsin but I admire you for asking the question. That's the kind of cache I would enjoy hunting too. As an alternative, may I suggest my Flambeau River Rapids cache. If you seek it by canoe you can camp overnight nearby. In Gov. Dodge State Park I have a multi-hour hike cache called The Shocking Truth About Henry that offers a great view once you reach the coordinates.

Well, while Wis. has alot of public land most of the caches seem to be within easy walking distaance. For a mutliple day hiking and caching experience, you may want to try the Ice Age Trail. There are campgrounds and shelters scattered in certain sections of it. There are caches placed just off the trail and throughout the Southern and Northern units of the Kettle Moraine State Forest. I have daydreamed about doing a several day hike and cache along the trail. It might be worth your time.