My New Signature Item...

JMBella

Ray-O-Vac?  Surely your team is worthy of Duracells.  :mad:

Just kidding, looks good.

No, my team is very cheap! :mad: I think it was Sparky that said he likes RayOVac over "Durakill". I use them and have no complaints.

I prefer the Shrinky-Dinks

No, those are cool. How did you make them?

The magnets or the Batteries? :smile: I happened to see 8.5 x 11 magnet sheets in Staples today. I was planning on just putting a sticker on the bags but then I saw these. They go right in your printer and work really well.

Edited by JMBella

I like your item. The zip-lock bag is key though, I hate finding rusty batteries in a cache. Those should be fine, and your sig magnet will encourage people to take the batteries, which is a good thing.

No to hijack your topic, but I just tried out some Lithium batteries, and I really like them. They are quite a bit more expensive, but they last a long time, and they've been good in the cold weather we've had lately. Too expenisive for a cache trinket though.

forget the batteries and stick with the magnet.

I say that for two reasons. The magnets are good enough on their own.

The batteries may go bad if nobody finds the cache for a while.

I think these magnets are kind of cheap and lame on there own. The batteries are in a ziplock so they should be ok. I hope. Anyway I bought 1000 of those little ziplocks so I gotta use 'em now. :smile:

Sorry for those that who's GPSrs use 3 batteries or AAAs. Maybe I'll do some with those as well. Of course you don't have to use them for your GPS. We all have flashlights, remote controls, cameras, radios etc...

Ray-O-Vac?  Surely your team is worthy of Duracells.  :)

Just kidding, looks good.

No, my team is very cheap! :) I think it was Sparky that said he likes RayOVac over "Durakill". I use them and have no complaints.

Yup....Check out the Consumer Reports article on AA batteries....Ray-O-Vac topped the list for longest life, and they're much cheaper than Durakills or NeverReady's.....I call them Durakills for a reason. I used them when I was a paramedic in my little AA MagLite...after only a few weeks, they would corrode and ruin the flashlight....after the 3rd flashlight went kaput, I switched to Ray-O-Vacs and have never had a problem since. I've heard lots of other people with the same complaint about the Durakills....

....back on topic, I like the sig item!! One of my first caches I found had a pack of batteries in it, but I left them. A few miles down the road, as I approached the next cache, I was about 100 ft out and the batteries in my GPSr died. :) And being a noob, I didn't think to carry extras with me. What a dork!!!

Just a thought on the magnets. I have seen magnets designed to be attached to business cards. You could print your sig card on business card stock and stick them to these. I haven't tried them, but they appear to be pretty heavy.

I was thinking of doing that myself, but haven't come up with a design even though I have a business card with all my contact info on it along with the geocaching logo (with permission from Groundspeak). I made that in Print Shop.

I've seen batteries, but since I didn't know how fresh they were, left them. Maybe add a note on the pkg (small sticker) with the date they were placed? I know I could sit there and read the log and try and find the date that way, but a date on the pkg. would help someone like me.

I don't know about the cheaper brands, but Eveready and Duracell has a shelf life date on them.

Just a thought on the magnets. I have seen magnets designed to be attached to business cards. You could print your sig card on business card stock and stick them to these. I haven't tried them, but they appear to be pretty heavy.

I was thinking of doing that myself, but haven't come up with a design even though I have a business card with all my contact info on it along with the geocaching logo (with permission from Groundspeak). I made that in Print Shop.

You can buy magenetic inkjet paper which will save you a step. :)

Saw a pack at Staples.

3? Now why would you go and buy something like that? Batteries often come in packs of 2, 4 or 8......... :rolleyes::lol::o :o

Must be European.

We have miles, they have kilometers.

We drive on the right, they drive on the left.

We have batteries in 2, 4, 8.... they have 3, 6, 9....

<_<

It's a 2" x 3" ziplock baggie with 2 AA batteries and a JMBella Magnet.

d07e25bb-3ae3-4952-8b1e-9860d346c41d.jpg

fa9f844d-81e1-4fee-abf1-3715d4e608f1.jpg

Whatta ya think?

ray-o-vac maximum....surly your team is worth ray-o-vac maximum plus!!

OnT: I would definatly take those, not just for the batteries but I like magnets, I usually take the little team cards out of caches so magnets are even better