Midwest Grail?

Gazza&Girls

I was thinking Beverly also. At this point that one is at the top of the list. It's about a 3 hour drive. Looks like we could get 99-107 in that park.

We've been kind of torn for what type of cache to go for since we started with a great multistage.

The Journal is also on the list because it is so close but would have to be done over several days with the kids in tow.

I have The Journal on my to do list. It is in East Peoria, Illinois. All you have to do is read the logs and you wont be able to get it off your mind.

Or worse yet, start it.

Which is what we did yesterday. Picked up 99 in the same park on the way out. I expect it will take me and my family two more trips at least. I think I could do it in one full day by myself. So far, it is very well done. Not just a simple walk in the park.

It tough to pick 1.

I've done about 4 or 5 of the previously mentioned caches. All would rate in my top 10.

The Aesops series are challenging caches in a very nice area. 5 or 6 caches - close together - and each uniquely challenging.

Maramech is what virtual caches should try to live up to. A lot are REALLY lame but this one is special. Unusual terrain for the cornfields of Illinois. FOR SOME REASON THIS ONE IT TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE,

The 'Shocking Truth about Henry' is also a great cache up in Wisconsin with at least 4 or 5 more excellent caches in the same park(fee required for entrance). None are drive up either. What a great afternoon we had.

Beverly - the oldest around - with many nearby(a few of them mine). Could do a bunch from one parking area here.

Putt-Putt was a fairly quick one but a lot of fun. The day we did it there was still a lot of snow and ice on the ground which added to our amusement.

A new favorite - not mentioned previously - is in Rockford . It is:

Hell Fish Bonanza!

A challenging multi with some nice 'vertical challenges' which are tough to come by in our fairly flat area. We did this last weekend. Lots of mud but a great challenge and a lot of fun. A real good workout. Other nice caches nearby too.

Have fun - lots to choose from.

Whats the favorite in your area?

maleki

For my money, nothing will top The Journal near Peoria. I spent four of the happiest days of my like hunting, finding and solving this cache. It was an hours drive both ways for me to get to it and still I couldn't stay away. This cache is so good they could make it a commercial cache and sell tickets. If I could only find another one this good.

I have The Journal on my to do list. It is in East Peoria, Illinois. All you have to do is read the logs and you wont be able to get it off your mind.

Having just done The Journal yesterday (ouch) I'd have to agree that this is (ouch) one of those caches here in the midwest that (ouch) really stands out.

Sorry for the ouches....but everything still hurts.

Bret