Walt Disney World Caches

MREAGLEWO1

I recently went to Disney Land in CA for a business meeting and was surprised at the low number of caches. If I remember right there were only a couple of regular caches inside the park and they required admission to either Disneyland or CA Adventure. Then there were several virts. in the free area of the resort. There was also the House of Blues bar in Downtown Disney which is where I spent most of my free time ... :smile: Sadly, I didn't even find a cache while I was there (mainly because I try not do virts anymore unless they are part of a multi and because I was too cheap to buy a ticket to one of the parks).

I recently went to Disney Land in CA for a business meeting and was surprised at the low number of caches.

FYI... this is considered a commercial area so caches are not approved there anymore. Some were done in the past but they are no longer allowed. That's why Mopar said "Don't forget, you can't hide any there now."

It has been debate some time ago... Jeremy gave the final word... it is not a topic for discussion.

Just FYI.

FYI... this is considered a commercial area so caches are not approved there anymore. Some were done in the past but they are no longer allowed. That's why Mopar said "Don't forget, you can't hide any there now."

It has been debate some time ago... Jeremy gave the final word... it is not a topic for discussion.

Just FYI.

Are the existing caches still there to find? Are virtual caches not allowed also since they are not "there as you would speak"? You also said the caches are not allowed any longer, are you able to go to them and do regular stuff, for an example the epcot one. Also, what do you mean by, this topic is not up for dicussion.?

mreaglewo1

The caches still listed should be there, they are grandfathered under preexisting guidelines (or lack of). Any cache now placed in a pay to enter a for-profit location must now get direct permission from the owners of this website before hiding it. Since the owner has already stated he will not give permission for caches inside theme parks like WDW, there is nothing to discuss about that here. Also, if you read the guidelines for hiding a cache, since you live in NJ, they would not approve ANY cache you decided to hide while on vacation in Florida. So, enjoy the sun, enjoy finding the caches in the area, but leave hiding new ones to the locals.

Edited by Mopar
The caches still listed should be there, they are grandfathered under preexisting guidelines (or lack of). Any cache now placed in a pay to enter a for-profit location must now get direct permission from the owners of this website before hiding it. Since the owner has already stated he will not give permission for caches inside theme parks like WDW, there is nothing to discuss about that here. Also, if you read the guidelines for hiding a cache, since you live in NJ, they would not approve ANY cache you decided to hide while on vacation in Florida. So, enjoy the sun, enjoy finding the caches in the area, but leave hiding new ones to the locals.

But will this policy change once Disney/Comcast buys out Groundspeak?

-Troll

Thanks mopar, I wasnt going to hide any, I just heard about the caches there and I just wanna check them out. Also, are virtual caches prohibited as well?

Snide, backhanded (at GC.com) response: Virtuals are prohibited everywhere...the fact that you can try to add one to the site just shows how close they like to dangle the carrot.

Rational, calm response: I have considered placing a virtual inside of Fenway Park and when I brought this to the attention of my "local" approver and we discussed it in the forums, I was told that Fenway Park is for-profit with an entry fee, therefore the answer is the same as a physical and that I would need special permission from GC.com. Add to that the fact that it is a virtual and the people running this site are loath to see virtuals gain any stature at this site and virtuals in for-profit sites are double whammies in trying to get approved.

Rational, calm response: I have considered placing a virtual inside of Fenway Park and when I brought this to the attention of my "local" approver and we discussed it in the forums, I was told that Fenway Park is for-profit with an entry fee, therefore the answer is the same as a physical and that I would need special permission from GC.com.

Okay, I'll follow you off-topic for a moment...

Given that your local approver told you that they could not approve the cache themselves, and that you needed to contact someone higher up the chain of command ...

Did you do so? Or did you just assume your idea would be shot down and so chose instead to complain in the forums?

I am in a holding pattern (as I said in the actual topic...linked here).

I do not have the actual coordinates (only approximate) for the virtual, so until I do, it would be somewhat useless to get permission from GC.com to post the cache. I have therefore not contacted anyone at this time, but in about a month when I go to my first game in the bleachers, I will be sending them the information for my intended virtual.