Signature Cards

Arcadia29

A sig card is just a card you leave in the caches you find. They are usually about the size of a business card. Most use their avatar or the pic on their profile page. It's up to you. If you belong to a geo-club you can include that too.

It's just something extra to leave in addition to signing the log book. I like to check them all out when I visit a cache. Here is mine:

169749_2400.JPG

Yeah. Pretty easily I would imagine. If you read the other thread, you can find out where to get them, etc. etc. Since they work with inkjet printers (thats how I did mine) you would just have to get a picture like your avatar that was about 3 times as big or so. Print it on the shrinky dink paper, cut it out, in the oven for a few minutes, then spray sealer on it. If the printer was good quality, it would print out just fine, and shrink down to look pretty good I would bet.

Yeah. Pretty easily I would imagine. If you read the other thread, you can find out where to get them, etc. etc. Since they work with inkjet printers (thats how I did mine) you would just have to get a picture like your avatar that was about 3 times as big or so. Print it on the shrinky dink paper, cut it out, in the oven for a few minutes, then spray sealer on it. If the printer was good quality, it would print out just fine, and shrink down to look pretty good I would bet.

Very cool. I would have thought the heat would ruin the picture. :smile: Oh well.

Thanks SB. I'll have to give it a wirl.

I was gonna start a thread regarding sig cards, but since there is already one, I'll ask my question here:

Is it alright to take someone's sig card or should you leave it in the cache?

Actually there is already another thread with the exact same question. :D

General consensus is to take it if you'd like to. :D

Welcome to geocaching!

I was thinking of doing a signature item. I never thought of doing a shrinky dink. I was thinking of a business card with a special pin attached to it. The card would describe what the pin stood for. I also thought about using that polymer clay; I found an article online about making geocoins out of it. Your GPS one with the ATV came out really good I think! Thanks for the idea guys.

If you read the other thread, you can find out where to get them, etc. etc.  Since they work with inkjet printers (thats how I did mine) you would just have to get a picture like your avatar that was about 3 times as big or so.  Print it on the shrinky dink paper, cut it out, in the oven for a few minutes, then spray sealer on it.  If the printer was good quality, it would print out just fine, and shrink down to look pretty good I would bet.

I'm trying to find the 'other thread' to see what shrinky dink material you used. I am new to this, waiting for my Garmin Legend to arrive on Friday and figured I could get creative while I wait. I looked at the Shrrinky Dink web site and they say they can't be used in printers because the ink will never dry on them, but your's look like they come out awesome. Do you use a 'special' kind. All I can find is the basic sheets, white or frosted that come in 6 or 10 sheets to the pack, original shrinky dink. If you posted all these detail in the other thread, I'll be mighty grateful for just a link.

Thanks so much :rolleyes:

Edited by MaxTPA
Here is the other thread Drumroll Please!!!

You need to use the shrinky dinks that are made for the inket printer. You have to use a clear sealer after they are done also.

That thread has a lot of info

Thanks so much!! I do photography on the side and am going to try to use some of my work on SD pieces. I figure I could do like 4 pieces of each photo, so they would be more indvidual. Anyhow, thanks again for the response :rolleyes: