How Many Ftfs In One Day.

JMBella

I think three is my personal best. They were all within walking distance of each other and near my home. I don't really care if I'm FTF, I just want to find! Hey. but to each his own. There are a few here around Chicago that excel in FTFs. That's their thing. I think I'm gonna try for last to find as a new style! LOL.

I was lucky - 5 FTF's in one day/trip owing to five new caches being placed in the same wilderness area. All after 3:00pm on a weekday. One was a stand-alone, three multi-cache stages with the final stage of the multi-cache being the fifth. Each stage of the multi-cache were seperate caches - so, I got five FTF's in one trip.

I think three is my personal best. They were all within walking distance of each other and near my home. I don't really care if I'm FTF, I just want to find! Hey. but to each his own. There are a few here around Chicago that excel in FTFs. That's their thing. I think I'm gonna try for last to find as a new style! LOL.

It's odd, but for every single one of my finds, I was the Last To Find. (For awhile, anyways... :unsure: )

I guess I just have a knack!

Just this morning 7 caches came up 50 miles away from home. So at 3:30 am I was off after them. I really didn't count on getting all of them, but I did. Wow !! All seven were hidden by the same person, in Cameron, MO. So that does make it a lot easier, but I still got 'em.

My record is now 7 FTF's in one day.

Before that it was 3 on two different occasions.

<_<

2 in one day, but I just had a streak of 4 FTF's in 4 days. It was a happy coincidence that two new caches appeared near me, and the other two had gone a few weeks without an FTF--just out of the way placements. I'm still the only finder for those two.

Don't think I'll equal that for a while...

We've had double FTF's three different times and one of those times, we had a double followed the next day with another, 3 FTFs in a row.

We have been lucky because when we got into geocaching in our area there were few people doing it. Our 4th cache was a FTF, along with our 7th, 8th, and 9th. We did not realize how special (to some) a FTF was. Although we have 33 FTF's and the thrill of finding it first is still there, we do not run out the door asap if a new one pops up.