Unwritten Rules

aka Monkey

Male geocachers should sport facial hair, preferably a goatee.

guilty

Have a dog

guilty

look for caches on non cache trips

sort of - have looked up caches near where I plan on vacationing this summer

and I have a Garmin

how about - carries their cell phone on the hunt?

doesnt mind coming home muddy as long as they found the cache

talks to people about caching and they just dont "get it"

Edited by billb914

Geocachers find the gc lingo interspersed in their daily speech habits.

The other day, in speaking to a friend (she's a health care worker) I mentioned the DNR (Dept of Natural Resources) and it took her a minute to catch up, because she thought I meant 'do not resuscitate.' :P:P

At work, I went down to the basement to find something, and when I came back empty handed, my office mate asked what happened, and I said 'It was a DNF.'

edit for typo

Edited by 2qwerqE
After browsing around on the forums a bit, I've noticed what I'm going to call "trends." Feel free to add your own:

* Female geocachers should use a Japanese Anime illustration of a female cartoon character for their forum photo.

Yah.....NO!!! :P I've maybe seen 2 or 3 of these, and yes I do use a cartoon character, as it ties in with my handle. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't make me use an anime character!! :P

After browsing around on the forums a bit, I've noticed what I'm going to call "trends." Feel free to add your own:

* Female geocachers should use a Japanese Anime illustration of a female cartoon character for their forum photo.

Yah.....NO!!! :P I've maybe seen 2 or 3 of these, and yes I do use a cartoon character, as it ties in with my handle. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease don't make me use an anime character!! :P

I second that. Never had any use for anime.

The other day, in speaking to a friend (she's a health care worker) I mentioned the DNR (Dept of Natural Resources) and it took her a minute to catch up, because she thought I meant 'do not resuscitate.' :mad::smile:

At work, I went down to the basement to find something, and when I came back empty handed, my office mate asked what happened, and I said 'It was a DNF.'

edit for typo

Too Funny! :mad:

The other day, in speaking to a friend (she's a health care worker) I mentioned the DNR (Dept of Natural Resources) and it took her a minute to catch up, because she thought I meant 'do not resuscitate.' 

edit for typo

Try telling anyone in health care about an easy BM (Bench Mark to us, something else to health care workers) you had.

This female geocacher doesn't have a jeep. We have a F-150 4X4. We do have not one but 2 dogs. If a gal wants to use a cartoon as her avitar so be it. Just remember some gals drink beer, take straight shots of Yukon Jack and can shoot a gun. But I'm still a girl!!!!!

Edited by IronMaiden
This female geocacher doesn't have a jeep.  We have a F-150 4X4.

My sympathies, on both counts ! :lol:

I will remember to tell Ironman when he gets home :lol:

Our F-150 4X4 gets us where we want to out in the woods, in style. Not like some of those hard riding SOB's called ............................. cheep or I mean a Jeep :lol::):lol:

Edited by IronMaiden