"did Not Find" Pocket Query

DomHeknows

Any chance we can have a pocket query for caches that we "did not find" - that way you can track these and then see if people have found it after our "did not find" and therefore know it is there and we just didn't look properly.

Combined with the "found" option. this would give us all caches visited.

At the present the "not found" category really means "not hunted for"

In my opinion, this type of query isn't necessary because there are plenty of other ways to get the data.

Personally, I just look again on my next trip through the area. If a cache doesn't get found and isn't archived, it stays in the set of caches to be found (if it hasn't been archived). If I'm in the area and wnat to cache, it will be available to me. Also, when I plan a caching spree, it will be among thos caches routed.

A program such as Watcher will allow you to flag caches. You could simply flag all of the caches you posted a DNF on.

If I'm interested in checking the cache status for my DNFs, I just look at my logs (all logs) on 'My Cache Page'.

I think we have heard that geocachers (premium members???) in the future will have the ability to create multiple watchlists. If that happens, I can envision setting up the following separate watchlists:

1. Caches where I logged a DNF (to see if someone else finds it)

2. Caches in my area where trouble of some sort has been reported by others

3. Caches I've found, and really enjoyed, and I want to hear about other finders' experiences.

4. Caches I'm planning on hunting for at a future time and events I'm planning on atending.

Knowing WHY I have a cache watchlisted will make that feature much more useful when glancing at my growing list of watched caches.

Then, if I want to track activity on watched caches using PQ's, I can just create a query for caches that are on my watchlist (an existing option). It would be nice if the PQ could say WHICH of my multiple watchlists it was on, so I can sort the caches that way.

I believe that with the recent changes to pocket queries, my prior DNF log will show up in the query results regardless of whether it is one of the most recent logs.

point taken although at the moment having a query come in called "home caches" means I know these are ones within 50 miles of me. Having one called "found" means I know these are found ones.

Having a seperate "did not find" means I know which ones i visited but couldn't find. If they happen to be within my "home caches" then its not obvious that a cache that I did not find has been subsequently found.....although I'll have to see if thats an option within gsak (i'm sure it could be if it isn't already)