Trading Signature Items By Mail

The Weasel

Ok first off, I don't wan't to see this turn into a ethical debate whether or not signature items should be traded by mail or not. This could be a long drawn out debate and could just end it getting the topic closed.

What I want to know, is if there are any cachers with signature items who would like to trade items by mail. My reasoning on this is that lately there have been quite a few cool signature items surface on the pages. Most of the people that have these items are on either side of the US from me, or even different countries and I don't do much traveling, so I probably wouldn't be able to find one of the items in a cache.

I am in the process of trading my signature item with another cacher by mail, and I don't see any problem with it. I'm sure I'm not the only cacher out there who wants to trade signature items but doesn't do a lot of traveling.

If anybody is interested in trading with me for one of my signature wooden nickels (look at my avatar to get an idea of what it looks like), feel fre to either post here or e-mail me at.....

weaselts1@mchsi.com

Edited by The Weasel

I personally like the idea. I don't have a signature item yet (been working on it, but not a lot of time available), but, while I see the point that they are meant to be primarily traded in caches - I like the idea of having a collection of ones traded by mail. It would still be meaningful to me to have traded something with people of similar interests, even if I didn't find it in a cache.

I personally like the idea. I don't have a signature item yet (been working on it, but not a lot of time available), but, while I see the point that they are meant to be primarily traded in caches - I like the idea of having a collection of ones traded by mail. It would still be meaningful to me to have traded something with people of similar interests, even if I didn't find it in a cache.

Whenever you get your signature item created, shoot me a e-mail and we can swap items!!

I wouldn't mind trading signature items by mail . . . it's not like logging a find on a cache you haven't found, for goodness' sake. Of course, I'll have to come up with a sig item first. It's kind of hard to find an appropriate sig item that ties into my caching name . . . after all, this is a family oriented game.

:lol:

Happy caching and stuff! :lol:

Signature items are the first thing that I trade for. I love the handmade stuff. I would love to trade by mail.

I don't have anything cool yet. I'm not a craft doin kinda guy, but I plan to try my hand as soon as I can find something unusual enough to support my cultivated weirdness.

Right now, I just leave something that glows in the dark if on a night raid. I also have about 8-10 pounds of red tiger's eye, and these little plastic mazes with the steel shot in them. The mazes are in the shape of the smilies that I use for my signature. I sign the back of each one with a Sharpie.

Sn :lol::lol:gans

I now have a couple items. One is what I consider my signature item, which I will only place in some of the better caches I find, as they're too expensive to be handing out willy nilly. They will be rare, and hard to get. The other item will probably be placed in every cache I visit.

I might be willing to trade items, depending on the trade. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to signature items, and I'm not too interested in calling cards. My feeling is, what makes the signature items worth trading is the amount of time, energy and care that the person put into them. Not many calling cards fall into that category, IMHO. SBPhishy's are wonderful... they take time for him to make, and they're unique, with him hand-coloring each one. He also obviously took some care in putting them together, and did it all on a budget. The epitome of a perfect signature item. :lol:

Edited by Indiana Cojones

I have already, and would like to continue to trade, signature items by mail.

If I see that someone has left a sig item in a cache, I make the special trip to get it. But, for some reason, this area doesn't yet seem to have very many sig items floating about.

I currently have coins made from Sculpey, and am in the process of making items from Shrinky Dink material.

If anyone would care to see what I have available, e-mail me and I'll forward pics.

I think what I would enjoy is mailing someone a few of my sig items to place in caches in their own area....so that other cachers in the area could have a chance at getting a sig item too. Of course, the person I mailed them to could keep one for himself/herself too!

I was thinking the same thing. It'd be kinda neat having mine scattered across the country or wherever & equally placing someones item around here.

:P Won't have my geo poker chips for about a month, but would love to trade with anyone willing to trade sig items by mail. By the way my current avatar will be on my chips.

Sounds interesting. Where are you getting these from?

You can read more in this thread.

Well the images no longer show up in the post and Crusso link requires a login and passwd.

Such is life. I guess I poke around the pokerchip.com site.

I would LOVE to trade sig items, though I'd reserve it for people that are not in my state of course lol.

My signature item is a red clover keychain fob (made w/ shrinky dinks and looks like my avitar) on the keychain is one of the old fashioned barrel type skeleton keys. I just won a buttload of them off ebay should be ready to send in a week. My boyfriends screen name is the undertaker so a good fit for the two of us.

Man oh man the emailing I'll be doing to some of you tonight.. there goes my beauty sleep lol

Feel free to drop me a line as well if your interested.