How Do You Work Less?

Karma Hunter

Sorry in advance if this topic has been discussed before. I'm curious what kinds of jobs people have. It looks like some folks have figured out how to make time to be logged into the forums most of the day, go out and find oodles of caches, and have families too. I'm clearly doing something wrong by spending 40 hours a week as a muggle . So what's the secret?

I'm in charge at work, so I have to be on the computer more than anyone else. That gives me lots of time to browse the forums, but not as much time to go Geocaching. I work in a cleanroom 12 hours a day, 3-4 days a week. (I make computer chips for Intel)

On my days off I watch the kids, usually taking them to different parks around town where there just *happen* to be geocaches! <_<

I'm a Realtor®. I am on the computer most of the time that I'm in the office. I often visit neighboring towns, large and small, to show houses, go to meetings, etc. Most of my Tulsa finds have been after showing a house, or meeting an inspector at the house. I am planning on making a trip to Tulsa again to retreive some money for the buyer and planning on taking a long lunch to find two more caches!

I do not have a gps, so I print off the cache pages and placed them in a notebook that I carry with me all the time. When time permits and if I'm close, I go. Unfortunately, it's wreaking havoc on my dress clothes. I'm thinking that I need to carry a change of pants and shoes with me all the time too!

As a Realtor, I'm self employed. If I have met my sales quota that I set for the month, I have time to play. What other job gives you that? I love being a Realtor!

<_<

That's better than the More Responsibility=Less Pay package I seem to have found. <_<

If only there were more caches I can do over the lunch hour here, it wouldn't be so bad.

Lunch? You mean some people actually get a lunch? My lunch is at the desk, between calls and logged on here. But no complaints, I'm employed and when I need off, I can get it!

That's better than the More Responsibility=Less Pay package I seem to have found.  <_<

If only there were more caches I can do over the lunch hour here, it wouldn't be so bad.

Lunch? You mean some people actually get a lunch? My lunch is at the desk, between calls and logged on here. But no complaints, I'm employed and when I need off, I can get it!

Desk? You mean some people actually get a desk?

Software engineering/system design often requires diverting your thought process away from a particular issue or problem. Browsing the forums provides the perfect opportunity to distract me, while still keeping me close to the computer for the "ah hah" moment. It may be hard to believe but some of the greatest thoughts/ideas I've ever had were when I was completely involved in something else. Odd how the mind works...

Oh and it helps being the boss too =)

Unemployed. Still waiting for the economic recovery we're supposed to be experiencing.

On edit: This would be the James portion of our shared "Balboagirl" user name. Incidentally, I love my job. I just wish I had one to go to. I would insert a politically inclined plug here, but I don't want to get "warned." I may anyway.

Edited by Balboagirl

I still work the same hours.

I recently started a business where I need only talk on the phone. While making a sale or talking to the supplier, I may very well be digging up one more cache in the backcountry of Oregon. I need only be in cell range and they don't even mind if I escape for a few hours or so. trust me on this..... This is the world's best job.