How Old Are Most Geocachers?

AJ of Dunbar

I am 15 but my ride(my dad)(who is NOT a cacher) is 50. I get my permit in 1month 1 week from this past Tuesday (which was yesterday). Then only 5 months and I get my licesnce. I won't even have to take any form of a test (writen or on the road) with DMV because I am waived from taking them. :D Then I will be free from having to go caching with a non cachers. :blink:

EDIT: Well somtimes I am free from him because I ride my bike to some caches and he is too much of a crip to ride with me, plus If I am riding a bike why would I want him to come along? <_<

EDITEDIT: BTW: My dogs Thunder and Patches are 8 and 4 years respecitvly. My cats SPARKY and Bandit are 6 and 17 respecivly. My bearded dragon is 4, my leopard gecko is 11 and my snakes I have no clue. But I never go caching with any of them, although I would like to go caching with Thunder he is really good on a leash, but because all the caches are two far away and are either urban micros or rock climbing caches thats not pocible.

Sparky really isn' my cats name, that cats name is Spot and she weighs over 30 lbs.

Edited by wildearth2001
Relative age in 2004, well after discovering geocaching: 25

Whoo Hoo! My relative age after caching (and starting a Pokemon travel bug) is 10. I figure that gets across my joy of toys and finding them in caches. Just ignore that almost 37 lawyer thing. I just play as a lawyer from time to time! <_<

Relative age in 2004, well after discovering geocaching: 25

Whoo Hoo! My relative age after caching (and starting a Pokemon travel bug) is 10. I figure that gets across my joy of toys and finding them in caches. Just ignore that almost 37 lawyer thing. I just play as a lawyer from time to time! <_<

Yeah, I don't claim to have matured past 19. (Ahhhh 19, that was a pret-ty good year. The legal drinking age, in Texas, was 19 then. Certain other things were still legal. I had all of my hair, a great tan, a new car, and a girlfriend who was a nym....umm, you get the picture....)

Sn :blink::D gans

Let's see... Math problem. The oldest daughter is 37. I think I was 24 when she was born. But I don't remember back that far very well anymore. I know I was 2 when she was born. That means I the same age as Jack Benny. Wheee, I not as old as I first thought.

For those that are too young to remember Jack Benny was 39 and holding for many many years.

Byron

I turned an even 40 last November.

sheesh!! i've got scars older than 40. my husband who caches with me once in a while is 64. even though i had no children of my own i have great grand children, one of whom is 5. i usually say i got my children, (step), the painless way, but i married him so i'm not sure how painless it was. depends on his mood i guess. <_<

Edited by uperdooper

I'm twenty. One of the caches near my home is a virtual at a winery - I can't go find it for another year yet!

It seems strange that so many of the people who replied are in their twenties or younger. My impression was that the average cacher is much older. Maybe it's just because we're more likely to be posting on the forums?

Edited by Happy Bubbles
I get an average up to this point at about 30.1625. I didn't add in the cryptic puzzles or the dogs and other pets.

Since I didn't actually give my parents ages, they are 70 and 72. Both are still caching strong! That might up the average a little.

Edited by carleenp

I am 35 going on 18.

My baby face still gets carded!

Thanksgiving I ran out to get a (another) box of wine (yes, I said box), and this young punk with piercings all over himself said he needed some ID from me.

"I have a mortage, a mini-van, and a tatoo older than you, I'm taking this cheep BOX of wine".

See what cardboard-hangovers can do to you at 35?!

You are only as young as you feel; this is the truth!

Caching is a younger feeling ~ like a kid on Christmas, who can get to it first, skipping work to cache, etc., etc., etc. We all regress~we're cachers!

<_< Leslie :D