60cs Seemingly Infinite Delays?

K-OS2233

Woot!

Michael,

Congratulations, you are our OLDEST pre-order, from way back in November!

We are expecting our first shipment tomorrow, and you can be sure that

you're getting the first unit out of the case.  Thanks very much for your

patience all these weeks!

Best regards,

Derek

Customer Service

www.tigergps.com

info@tigergps.com

Edit: I hope the first is also the best.

Edited by trippy1976

Don't forget to have a clear veiw of the sky when first turning it on and leave it for an hour there to build an good almanac.

My 76S got jammed up and I had to do a master reset because I fired it up between some houses, on my street. It wouldn't get the right WAAS sat (35). It found 33 but that one doesn't work here well. No matter how long I set it out with a clear view it wouldn't lock on to 35. Just kept trying to hold 33. After the reset I had a clear view at the beach and it built an good almanac and has worked good ever since.

I'm going to call in sick and take a long hike with it for the day. One on one.

Capt.

Don't forget to have a clear veiw of the sky when first turning it on and leave it for an hour there to build an good almanac.

Should you really do this? I'm a newbie, so I don't know. All I did was choose "new location" when I first turned it on. The location was originally in Taiwan or Japan... I zoomed way out, moved the cursor across the ocean, then over my city on the US and hit enter, and then it took only a couple of seconds before it started recognizing satellites. After about 15 seconds, it had plenty of satellite data, based on the bar graph. I assume that if I had not chosen "new location," it would have taken forever to find the satellites the first time I turned it on.

Just checked in on this forum site. I've had my Garmin GPSMap60C since Feb 5th. Got it from TigerGPS for $376, plus a bit for shipping. Have been using it on a regular basis for a month now. I absolutely love it! Still have my trusty Legend, but the 60C is light years ahead, and I find it to be far more accurate. I use it with my GPS survey work and field engineering.

I think the almanac stuff is all based on calculations. I don't believe it matters how long you have it on, as long as you have a lock and the date/time is set the sunrise/sunset will be fine.

I've never really considered it and to be honest - have never RTFM...

From what I've read the corrections (WAAS) take the longest to build the data base needed. Up to 3/4 of an hour depending. Once done it will carry the correction if you lose the sat. for a while. The other calculations need update more frequently and thus can build an data base quicker.

I would leave it running for the 3/4 of an hour if you can with the waas locked in.

Like I said mine jammed up and had to be reset. Like computers do sometimes.

I think for the most part everything works well.

(sorry for the long post-start at bottom) since it wasn't DUE till tommorows delivery, it rode around in a fedex truck all day. oh well, 24 hours to go. :rolleyes:

Package status

OLYMPIA WA

Package in FedEx location

2:02 pm (3.10.2004)

Package status

OLYMPIA WA

Package not due for delivery

9:43 am

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

OLYMPIA WA

8:09 am

OLYMPIA WA

8:08 am

Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

OLYMPIA WA

6:32 am

Left FedEx Ramp

SEATTLE WA

Mar 9, 2004 5:22 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

SEATTLE WA

3:41 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

Mar 8, 2004 9:40 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

8:44 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

7:03 pm (3.8.2004)

Picked up by FedEx

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

(sorry for the long post-start at bottom) since it wasn't DUE till tommorows delivery, it rode around in a fedex truck all day. oh well, 24 hours to go. :rolleyes:

Package status

OLYMPIA WA

Package in FedEx location

2:02 pm (3.10.2004)

Package status

OLYMPIA WA

Package not due for delivery

9:43 am

OLYMPIA WA

8:09 am

OLYMPIA WA

8:08 am

Arrived at FedEx Destination Location

OLYMPIA WA

6:32 am

Left FedEx Ramp

SEATTLE WA

Mar 9, 2004 5:22 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

SEATTLE WA

3:41 pm

Left FedEx Sort Facility

MEMPHIS TN

Mar 8, 2004 9:40 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

8:44 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

7:03 pm (3.8.2004)

Picked up by FedEx

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

I'm as excited as a kid at Christmas, I ordered my 60CS today. I'll be tracking mine like you did yours. I laughed when I saw the Fed ex status you posted and was thinking, " Theres others like me out there, I'm not alone".

:unsure: Ordered from GPSDiscounts today, arrives maybe Friday! :lol:

Mar 10, 2004

8:20 pm

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

4:54 pm

Picked up by FedEx

OKLAHOMA CITY OK

Don’t tell me that… Still no word from them telling me mine has shipped out Guess I get to call them in the morning.

My problem is… apparently FEDEX don’t use GPS’s cause they can never seem to find my house. I have to intercept packages at the shipping center before it gets put on a truck and wonders around aimlessly for thee days.

I am a cheap bas%$#@ so I went with the free shipping. It was shipped to California on Monday and it has an "Estimated Delivery Date" of tomorrow, but it is was last seen in Texas yesterday.

0afe6c97-f3ec-4dfa-bfc4-c4a5d691a031.jpg

I have my fingers crossed. Well not right now because I am typing.

Edit: I just hope to get it for the weekend.

Edited by Rocket Man

Who-hooooo, it's almost here! I'm kinda feeling sick (cough, cough), I might have to go home early! ;)

60cstracking.jpg

It took like 1.5 hours to go from Memphis to Boise! Get out of their way baby - they're comin' through! And how many times can they "Leave FedEx Sort Facility" in Memphis?

FedEx say it'll delever 3/15, they must pad it by a few days in case something slows them down - eh?

Giddy Pat (cough, cough) B)

I cheated, just ordered mine at GPSDISCOUNT.COM overnight with Saturday delivery. They were in stock and the employee Scott was very friendly. I'm like a kid waiting to open presents right now! B)B)B):PB):PB)B)

I dealt with Scott also. Can't find a more patient guy. He was great to work with and when I decided to change mine to overnight he said well then I have no choice but to hang up on you as Fed-Ex was walking out the door with my package and he said he could get it converted. He got it converted and mine was at my door the next morning by 9:00am. Great guy he is.

murph

Sorry to drag up an old thread but I had to complain a little.

I finally got my 60CS today but I'm a little miffed with UPS. See below:

119537.JPG

First of all, why did the unit sit in Greensboro for 28 hours on a work day before it was sent to the next hub?

The other thing is that someone had to be there to sign for the box. I can't complain about that, but since UPS is notorious for leaving packages on the front or back porch, why didn’t they put a note on the tracking page that someone needed to sign for the package so I could have made sure someone was there.

In the end, UPS’s customer service came through and the driver made a special trip to deliver it after his normal rounds. I appreciate this but if they had done things right in the first place the extra customer service wouldn’t even had been needed.

OK – I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Sorry to bring this thread back form the dead, but I'm jsut too happy...

I finally got my 60cs! I had to cancel my order from GPScity.ca since when I checked mt order status it said "Backorder, Next date unavailable". So I sent them an email to cancel it and the response from them was "Ok, no problem, it was just about to be shipped". What a pissoff. I'm sure they said that just to tick me off.

Needless to say, GPScentral.ca had it in stock and I called to confirm, and it was shipped to my front door 1/2 way across Canada in about 20 hours!!! AWESOME!

So tonight I shall sleep with it, and hug it, and love it, and kiss it, and call it George.

How did I ever live without Autorouting?? B)B)B)