60cs Seemingly Infinite Delays?

K-OS2233

Garmins Home page they have been shipped.  tvnav.com says they will have them Monday for shipping.  I hope the rest of the suppliers get thiers also.  One excited dude here.  TVNAV.com also says that the 76CS will be available in April.  Tempted again to cancel my 60 and hold out but I am afraid of delays again.

murph

Where on Garmins page does it say that it's been shipped?

EDIT: Found it..... I'm getting excited now!!!!

Edited by Team BlackZ
Garmins Home page they have been shipped.  tvnav.com says they will have them Monday for shipping.  I hope the rest of the suppliers get thiers also.  One excited dude here.  TVNAV.com also says that the 76CS will be available in April.  Tempted again to cancel my 60 and hold out but I am afraid of delays again.

murph

Where on Garmins page does it say that it's been shipped?

EDIT: Found it..... I'm getting excited now!!!!

Slacker. :lol:

And this just in...

Good news! Garmin did ship its first batch and we're scheduled to receive

it (and ship your order) next Wed. the 10th. You should have your GPS to

play with before next weekend.

Thanks,

Derek

Customer Service

www.tigergps.com

info@tigergps.com

Hey ya'll

I am a noob here and I have a few questions. I am looking to upgrade from an aging eMap to a 60c or 60cs. According to Garmin's site, the 60c has an estimated battery life of 30hrs and the 60cs has an estimated battery life of 20 hrs. Does anyone know if you would be able to turn these features off save battery life? I haven't decided for sure which one, and your responses would help me.

CenTexDodger

CenTex:

You SHOULD be able to turn the extra functions off to save battery, but if batteries are your primary concern, get the C. :)

If you want the extra features, your only choice is the CS. Might be worth it to get the CS for the extra ~$50 in the event you want the features.

Welcome to geocaching!

Wow, Fed-Ex arrived early this morning. Yep it arrived. I was so excited I had no time to do anything else but mess with my new CS. Guys this unit is really great. I just love it. I literally played with it for 6 hours doing all kinds of things with it. The Geo-caching mode is kind of neat. The games were fun also. It just seems all to good to be true and then the worst thing happened. I am just sick!!!

My wife woke me up. <_<:mad: Yes it was all a dream!!! :):D

murph

Can you tell me what to do in what order? I may get mine on Tues (from gpsdiscount). I'm leaving for a trip on Wed am. Might even get it Wed am. I'm new to this and I can't afford to tinker. I'll not take my (XP; no service pack) laptop on the trip.

I gather:

Do firmware update (hopefully this will not be necessary).

Install Ways and Routes (or whatever it's called).

Is there an update for that?

Install City Guide v 5.

Make sure it's updated to ver 5.4

Assuming it's now USB ready, download, in one session the several state maps I need (not biggies: VA, NC, MD and WVa)

Will this do it? Is there some POI file that might need to get reinstalled?

Also, if I have time for virtually nothing, would that be still a bit ok? There is no basemap viewer (that I could find) so I don't how broad it is.

Thanks.

Can you tell me what to do in what order? I may get mine on Tues (from gpsdiscount). I'm leaving for a trip on Wed am. Might even get it Wed am. I'm new to this and I can't afford to tinker. I'll not take my (XP; no service pack) laptop on the trip.

I gather:

Do firmware update (hopefully this will not be necessary).

Install Ways and Routes (or whatever it's called).

Is there an update for that?

Install City Guide v 5.

Make sure it's updated to ver 5.4

Assuming it's now USB ready, download, in one session the several state maps I need (not biggies: VA, NC, MD and WVa)

Will this do it? Is there some POI file that might need to get reinstalled?

Also, if I have time for virtually nothing, would that be still a bit ok? There is no basemap viewer (that I could find) so I don't how broad it is.

Thanks.

Mine is coming from GPSdiscount also. But I was on the understanding GPSdiscount would not get theirs until Monday or tuesday. Then two days out shipping again or do you know something I don't??

As far as firmware update. I don't think there is an update yet or will be one for at least a while.

For the maps and stuff that is all unfamiliar territory for me. I do have City Select 5 but have not used it yet as I ordered it after I ordered my CS. I believe your CS will have a bunch of maps already on it but your City Select will have much more detail.

I sure hope you get yours like you say as that means mine is on it's way also.

murph

gpsdiscount told me maybe Mon. If so, I've asked them to overnight it to me. If it comes to them on Tues, then I don't know what I'll do. I don't know when delivery is promised on an overnight. "Anytime" on Tues (when mailed on Monday) would be fine, but I want to take off on Wed by about 10 or 11 am at the latest. If I did get it Wed morning, I'd have hardly any time to do anything. When timing is tight, technology never seems to cooporate. I, too, order City Select around the same time I ordered the CS. I've got it and a car adaptor and some screen protectors just waiting. Oh, the firmware update I referenced was the one for the 60C. With some luck, the 60C firmware update in already in the 60CS. In fact, someone on this (or another) thread suggested that the delay of the 60CS has been caused by this firmware update.

Wow, Fed-Ex arrived early this morning. Yep it arrived. I was so excited I had no time to do anything else but mess with my new CS. Guys this unit is really great. I just love it. I literally played with it for 6 hours doing all kinds of things with it. The Geo-caching mode is kind of neat. The games were fun also. It just seems all to good to be true and then the worst thing happened. I am just sick!!!

My wife woke me up. :):) Yes it was all a dream!!! :D:D

murph

Ok - I admit it, I bit. Wait another week and this story may be true. RM

OK it's driving mad, mainly just the lack of information from Garmin. So, I e-mailed them today and the following is an excert from their reply:

Please note that we hope to have the GPSMAP60cs released by the end of the month.
:D:)

So with three weeks left of this month they are still not convinced that they will ship them. I am seriously thinking about cancelling the order, buying a Magellan and saving the cash. :)

What do you think???

Well it seems the long wait is over!!

Just got off the phone with GPSdiscount and they did indeed get a shipment in, and my pre-order submitted in January is being shipped out later today.  :)

MINE TOO!! :D

Now, the 76CS is due in April (I hear) so, therefore, what? :) )

I wish that the 60CS had as much memory as the 76CS.

About that 76C/CS, I don't like all that GPS above it's display to distract my driving. The V is great for that, where you mount it just high enough to see without blocking your view of the road. I find that the 60C is more sensitive than the 76S antenna also.

About that 76C/CS, I don't like all that GPS above it's display to distract my driving. The V is great for that, where you mount it just high enough to see without blocking your view of the road. I find that the 60C is more sensitive than the 76S antenna also.

Most of the time I set my weighted RAM base next to the left A-pillar. I find this as easy to see as center of dash and it's out of the way. I don't see much mention about the weighted RAM base, but it's my favorite RAM piece as it's so versital and easy to setup/move from vehicle to vehicle. It also allows me to let the bottom of the gps overhang the front edge of the dash, thereby lowering it a bit. It's never been a problem for me.

Edited by Us 5 Camp

Everybody is getting emails from GPSdiscount but me. I couldn't take it anymore, calle them adn gave them my tracking number and they said it will go today and said they have time to change it to overnight. I should have it tuesday morning then. Great leaving on a trip Wednesday. But the email confuses me as to why I didn't get one.

murph

Edited by thcri

Just did a track on my package from Fed-Ex. Fed-Ex says it will be here by 10:00am today. I will have it for my trip Wednesday. The next 5 hours will go slow I am sure. Have to load City Select on it and then do my first auto-route. Never done that so I hope it goes well.

murph

Ordered the 60cs from TigerGPS Feb. 25 and was told by one of their reps that mine would be sent with the first shipment they recieved?

Yesterday I called TigerGPS and was told they only recieved 28 units with their first shipment so I would'nt get mine until the next shipment. :D

They said first shipment would go to those that ordered before Feb. 16

Ordered the 60cs from TigerGPS Feb. 25 and was told by one of their reps that mine would be sent with the first shipment they recieved?

Yesterday I called TigerGPS and was told they only recieved 28 units with their first shipment so I would'nt get mine until the next shipment. :D

I don't know when the second shipment will go, but I do know that there is a couple of other suppliers that have them. I was told by GPSdiscount that they got a lot of extras. Now if they still have them or not I don't know. But if you do a search there is others out there that say they have them. You may want to check around and cancel if your in a rush. If not it may be a week or so.

murph

I had originally pre-ordered mine through OffRoute, but I emailed them and they said they weren't expecting a shipment until late this week, or next week, and didn't know exactly when mine would ship out, but not before next week. So, I cancelled my order with them and got one coming from GPSNOW.com. It will be here tomorrow FED-EX :D

Sweet. I think I ordered mine before Xmas. It's so long ago now, I'm not even sure. No emaila bout it though.

Hold on a second, be fair to TigerGPS. I ordered one from them back in December and all they told me is that I was in the first 10 and I would probably get one in the first shipment. A retailer can't control how many units the factory can get out the door. I have found them to be up front.

Hold on a second, be fair to TigerGPS. I ordered one from them back in December and all they told me is that I was in the first 10 and I would probably get one in the first shipment. A retailer can't control how many units the factory can get out the door. I have found them to be up front.

I don't think the author was dumping on TigerGPS. I personally believe he was just making a statement that is all. There is suppliers out there that have them. I just checked In Stock

I would also check with GPSdiscount by calling them not looking at their web page. Or send them an email.

This is only if you are in a rush like I was. I had mine on order with GPSdiscount and yes they did back up the order some from what they promised but I do have it now and it seems I am one of the first ones to have one because of overnighting it. Tommorrow a bunch more will have it.

murph

Don't know about GpsDiscount having extras... as far as I know my pre order with them didn't go out yet.  Going to call them later today and check on it.

I didn't get the email from GPS Discount yesterday confirming that it shipped. But I put in the order number on their tracking page this morning and it was shipped last night and is due to be delivered Thursday..