Pq Of All My Finds

2LuknF8

How can I do a PQ that contains all my finds?  I have cached in a couple of states and would like to create a database of all finds.  However, the PQ requires a country (other than US) or a state.  Any help would be appreciated.

run several pq's and merge the files

Edit:Watcher will do this,and i think GSAk also.Sure to be others too!

Edited by fivegallon

Well, if you have less than 500 finds, you can simple either click on the top state on the list, then scroll to the bottom and "shift-click" on that one, selecting all states. Or, you can cntrl-click on individual states to select multiple specific states. If you have more than 500, you've gotta run a couple PQ's

I have a gut feeling that this feature is soon to be on the table.

I've said it once before, but it was hidden in another post, so I wanted to suggest it in the appropriate place.

Rather than limiting it to only those caches I've found, I'd like to have the option of getting a PQ for all those caches I've logged. I'm just as (or more) interested in my DNFs as I am my finds. Also, caches where I've left a note are of interest too.

So, if and when this feature becomes available, I hope that there is some option to include all caches I've logged.

Jamie

Some time back, someone posted instructions on how to import your caches found page into Excel. The results were nowhere near PQ quality but at least it listed the cache, state, and whether it was found, dnf, or note. At the time, I tried it and it worked great with some minor tweaking. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find the instructions to make a link. Fortunately, I previously made a paper copy of the instructions and still have them. I tried using them again but it's not working right. I think it is because the formatting on the found page has been changed and I also upgraded to Office 2003. If you are interested, I will try to rework the instructions so they will work.

I would love to be able to get all my found in a PQ, and have asked for it a couple of times. I would love to be able to get all of my found caches into Mapsource or a similar mapping program so I could track my travels. Unfortunately, I have not been able to find a good solution on how to do this. Even if we could only get one a month or something like that I would love to have this option available.

Actually, I just thought of a solution, if I could get a one-time query of all my finds to date, I could maintain it from then on, I just let it get out of hand. If I hada a current starting point I could work out the rest.

I downloaded ALL(i had time to kill) the caches that I have found and are archived in individual GPX format.

NEXT

I got my All found PQ

NEXT

I merge all the files into one GPX file

NEXT

I confirm that all the records are there.

NEXT

I setup a PQ that I can run WEEKLY or the day after I go caching that gets all my FOUND caches THAT HAVE been found in the last week

NEXT

I use GPSbabel to merge that latest GPX and my all found one removing any duplcates.