2nd Annual Cannonball Run

CannonBall Run

Ringbone was (is?) a cacher that used a sock puppet... very badly (the cookies kept them logged in as ringbone when they posted as the other, then they asked 'why does my post say ringbone'.). In that case the person was complaining about some rule or other, and used this other account to agree with themselves...

I see. My problem was, HappyFrog ( & gang ) were our guests for dinner, while they were in town. I let HF use my PC to do some logging the night before, having broadband + local #'s, vs. dial-up and long distance. So When I posted I just clicked and couldn't believe it logged under their handle. Therefor, I reposted under my own, taking ful responsibility! Long story short. It's no sock-puppet account. They are a west coast team, I/we are east coast team. Red in the face, to boot! Thanks for the reply! SF1

Ringbone was (is?) a cacher that used a sock puppet... very badly (the cookies kept them logged in as ringbone when they posted as the other, then they asked 'why does my post say ringbone'.). In that case the person was complaining about some rule or other, and used this other account to agree with themselves...

I see. My problem was, HappyFrog ( & gang ) were our guests for dinner, while they were in town. I let HF use my PC to do some logging the night before, having broadband + local #'s, vs. dial-up and long distance. So When I posted I just clicked and couldn't believe it logged under their handle. Therefor, I reposted under my own, taking ful responsibility! Long story short. It's no sock-puppet account. They are a west coast team, I/we are east coast team. Red in the face, to boot! Thanks for the reply! SF1

Welch, I'm not a sock puppet. If you check where I have gone you will see that StrikeForce1 and myself are not the same. I visited NY for the first time on this trip to the east coast. I also have 2 TB's in the race and was been kind.

StrikeForce1 was also being kind (shhh, don't tell) and invited us to dinner. Check my profile and you will see that we are not the same person. I would delete the message, but I don't know how.... and I've been on the road.

Vee-Dub is the official winner of the 2nd Annual CannonBall Run TB Race!  DragonFlyer 12 is awarded 2nd place!

Congradulation to both!

Who is the odds on favorite to claim 3rd place?

Nice to here both are "Official" :D . Was hoping Vee_Dub may have had an illegal move somewhere :( , so DragonFlyer 12 would have been first. Only because I helped it to finish, after all the hard work by HappyFrog (& gang) moving it across the US. For sure they should get a prize :D for the longest miles traveled by a single player.

Second is better than a no show.

Again Congrads to Vee-Dub and "OurWoods" evasive moves, for flying under our radar and sneaking in to the finish line first!

SF1

Engine #122 is one state away from the finish line and Cannonball Racer04 is licking his heels.

This was so far down the listing :ph34r: I wanted to bump it up some. I almost didn't find it :smile: . Must be slowing down since there is a winner. ;)

Well, I'll just have to :P look to arrest another CBtb. BTW: Hurry up TB's, I'm waiting :huh: ! SF1 aka The CannonBall Cop

Just to bump the thread...

Snip's Turbo Lotus has apparently retired from the race after the cache it had taken a pit stop at (Get Well Soon Cardinal cache) was bushwhacked in NW Arkansas. Hopefully the wrench TB it was carrying will find its way somewhere else. Didn't know strikeforce1 was patrolling in Arkansas.

Hemlock happens to be an approver. Many approvers use a sock puppet account for their approving which is why his account shows no finds. I don't know him or his real name but I would bet he is an experienced cacher. I think his point is that under the cache type guidelines, Winner's Circle is more of a traditional cache than an event and maybe it should be listed as such. Not a big deal in my opinion.

It took me a while to find it, but here it is.

The Winners Circle Cache which is the finish line for the 2nd Annual CannonBall Run was listed as an Event because of the rules governing the logging of a find. The ONLY way to log a find at that particular cache is to place a CannonBall Run TB in it! No other bugs allowed! Since the field is limited to 78 existing racers I felt that an Event cache was closer to the truth... besides I was thinking of having a party later in the fall and inviting all  those cachers and their families that actually placed a CBR TB into Winners Circle....hence an event.

I hope tomorrow is a brighter :blink: day. Hence the Event Cache SF1

Edited by strikeforce1
Hemlock happens to be an approver. Many approvers use a sock puppet account for their approving which is why his account shows no finds. I don't know him or his real name but I would bet he is an experienced cacher. I think his point is that under the cache type guidelines, Winner's Circle is more of a traditional cache than an event and maybe it should be listed as such. Not a big deal in my opinion.

Hemlock tends to approve of caches that are in CA, but he also archives Event Caches once they have been on the listing past the Event. I'm sure that once he understand the nature of this cache that he will be understanding.

:blink: Good job on Kitty Car #3 :blink:

I haven't check our geocaching computer in a few days.

Whoo HOO!

To our surprise our KC#3 is at Winner's Circle! :blink:

It somehow got past the Cannonball cop!

And Third place! A big thanks to junglehair for completing KC#3 trip; to TeacherMom for moving KC#3 out of CA to TN; to Wetpaws for their much appreciated early efforts; and to all the rest that helped KC#3 along.

NWscout1

Is Winner's Circle like a regular cache?

Winner's Circle is not quite like a regular cache. There are two parts to it. The first part is where you add the travelbugs. You can only add TBs to this part, not remove them. Once they are checked in, they are moved over to a separate compartment where they can be picked up again to continue their journey. Pretty cool set up actually.

It somehow got past the Cannonball cop!

And Third place! 

NWScout1

First off Congrads on finishing as #3. Job well done.

Hope all your steps are legal ! :)

I did see it, and almost went after it myself.

I really couldn't afford to do a night run, do to heavy work load. :)

But, had I, it still would have made it to the Winner Circle,

even if I had just brought it closer and dropped it in another cache.

Since I already have deposited the 2nd place racer, I'm invited to the "Special Event" party. I would just drop it nearby, and let someone else, take it to the "Winner's Circle" , just to share. and allow others to par take. :lol:

I'm really not a "bad cop", I've never harmed any CB Racer or made any CB Racer loose milage.

The CannonBall Cop aka SF1

Now, a question. 

Can cacher's take the TB's out?

If not, how do the TB's get out for return trips?

Thanks

NWscout1

A "BIG No" !

It's not like a Ammo Can.

It was a very clever design, to eliminate more than one CB Racer from being dropped. There are no "ifs, ands or buts" about it. There can't be a tie - using this "New System".

The other part is : once the CB Racer is dropped, it's under lock and key. "Only the Race Official" can access it. This would stop "me/someone else", from taking another CB TB to the drop and removing yours, so the one I dropped, would finish before yours did.

Trust me, when I say it's a "One Way Road In" until the container is unlocked.

There is a seperate compartment, for trading, that everyone that comes, could access.

I did post the pics of the cache, showing the CB TB going in that I dropped. To see it just follow the TB I dropped or goto the "Winner's Circle page" and check out my posted pics. The CannonBall Cop / SF1

As a reminder, until we  get the official site database server issues worked out, you can always check stats here.  I've been updating them daily.

Thank you Egnix :wacko: for the update page, it is awesome. My racers are 18 & 28 places now, but they are really on the move as they have been picked up and moving into NV as we speak. PizzaBoy is laughing at me as his racer is ahead of me. He thinks he will win my racer. I tell him that the race is not over yet ;)

I've been going to Egnix site for updates. The updates on the Cannonball site hasn't happen since the 9th of Sept. <_< Although I only have 1 of 2 racers in the race, I still like to see how it compares with the other racers. I also like to see where they are since I had the honor of traveling with a Cannonball racer this summer. Mmmmmmmmm........ I wonder how long it will be until it gets to New York. Maybe my other one will magically appear (Hey, one can dream can't they). :ph34r:

Now, a question. 

Can cacher's take the TB's out?

If not, how do the TB's get out for return trips?

Thanks

NWscout1

A "BIG No" !

It's not like a Ammo Can.

SF1: Thanks for the answer.

Is there any timeframe for the Race Official to empty the bin?

And I would agree, you're not a bad cop. :anibad:

I've been going to Egnix site for updates. The updates on the Cannonball site hasn't happen since the 9th of Sept. :D Although I only have 1 of 2 racers in the race, I still like to see how it compares with the other racers. I also like to see where they are since I had the honor of traveling with a Cannonball racer this summer. Mmmmmmmmm........ I wonder how long it will be until it gets to New York. Maybe my other one will magically appear (Hey, one can dream can't they). :(

Sorry about the lack of updates. The automated stat-tracker thingy stopped working and I haven't had a chance to look at it. :D

As of December 31st 2004 this race will officially be over, the end cache will remain in existence for any racers that wish to continue on their present course.

The entire CannonBall Run Race will be turned over to Strikeforce1 (aka CannonBall Cop) at that time, he will be running everything for that point on.

Trophies and awards will be mailed out after the first of the year.

I want to thank everyone who participated in the first two races, either by entering a TB or handling the racers along the way, it's certainly been a learning experience all along the way!

Greeting one and all,

Hope you all have a safe and Happy Holiday Season. :)

I will be “Opening” and posting the “CannonBallRace2005 thread” after the “New Year” in this Forum.

We will announce a complete list of rules – which are very limited.

---Only Rule Change--- I will say at this time that "we will allow any object that has fixed wheels " ( i.e.: airplanes, trains, skateboards ….) so start thinking about your travel bug ideas now.

You may want to order your tb tags ASAP as not to flood GC all at once when we post the starting date. This should help to eliminate any problem with back orders.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :(

Strikeforce1 (aka) the CannonBallCop SF1