2nd Annual Cannonball Run

CannonBall Run

OK, my son Coltin's bug should be out there and is ready to go! He has made it his mission to beat all the grown-ups who are abusing their rights as parents and using perfectly good toys as travel bugs B)

My son and I have something similar. Although Jr. T would be just as happy if he just beat the pants off of me ;) Our two bugs got grabbed this week:

Jr. T's Dragger

Touchstone's Lightspeed Loo

Maybe I missed it (hiding in plain sight?), but is there a deadline for sending the TB's to the start point address?

John

Hiding in plain sight. It's both in the very first post of this thread, and on the cannonball run page. Basically, if you don't already have a bug in the mail, it's too late.

All entrants MUST be received by March 15th, 2004. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.

Just a reminder to everyone, today is the last day for racers to be RECEIVED for the 2nd Annual CannonBall Run TB Race. I am currently holding 72 racers at this point (9:00 AM EST) and will receive my mail around 1:00pm today, UPS and FedEx are usually afternoon deliveries here so don't despair just yet if you haven't received your e-mail notice!

Entry for the 2nd Annual CannonBall Run TB Race is now officailly closed. We have 78 entries this year, all of which have been grabbed to the CannonBall Run User account. If you have not received an e-mail telling you this it means that your TB did not arrive before the required date/time. Starting and endcaches are in place and will be revealed at the start of the race. Watch for updates in this thread as to the movements of your bugs!

Entry for the 2nd Annual CannonBall Run TB Race is now officailly closed. We have 78 entries this year, all of which have been grabbed to the CannonBall Run User account. If you have not received an e-mail telling you this it means that your TB did not arrive before the required date/time. Starting and endcaches are in place and will be revealed at the start of the race. Watch for updates in this thread as to the movements of your bugs!

Gentleman (and ladies) start your engines!!!!!!!!!! :D

Gentleman (and ladies) start your engines!!!!!!!!!! :P

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sn :D:D gans

Check out this entry:  GC7572  of course it is not eligble to win, but it should be interesting none the less.

I guess I was thinking too much in the box, but I must admit:

it took me some time to get it.

:-)

GC7572

Okay, I need some explaination... This is essentially a moveable cache, right? So if my TB were to be "dropped" into this cache, what state would that be counted as? Lake Erie? If the cache gets moved to Ohio, the person who moves it sends in new coordinates? Does that mean they find a hiding place for it that others can find? Or do they simply have it stashed in their house and post the coordinates for that? How is one to prove that the cache was actually in Ohio? Couldn't someone just make that up?

It seems to me that this is bending the rules a bit... not that it isn't a neat idea. I just don't understand how it functions in regards to the race. It's a cache, not a Travel Bug. So you can't log it into another cache to nail down it's location.

YodaDoe

Edited by YodaDoe

Ah Yoda Doe...ye of little faith....

Not only is the CannonBall Run TB Transporter a moving cache, it is also a Travel Bug (note the tag in the picture). It is trackable, and it is verifiable as to the contents at any particular stop in it's journey, the unfortunate down side is that it will all have to be done manually at this time (bummer for me), if it proves to be too much work then the cache part will be archived and the bug part allowed to continue on in the race.

Edited by CannonBall Run

The super charger on the InnBredd Eckspress has been primed with moonshine and the trunk is filled with beer, live chickens, and sheep. (Ummmm, for company.)

Jett Threatt's turbines are spinning up.

Pursuit 701 is doing a burnout.

The Ultimate Extreme Machine is just sitting there with all 12 cylinders purring.

Sn :D:ph34r: gans has a watch on ALLLLLLLL of the competition.

Edited by Snoogans
Sn :D  :ph34r: gans has a watch on ALLLLLLLL of the competition.

How do you know what bugs are racing? The CR web page hasn't been updated yet, so it doesn't have a list. The GC TB search function is, well, um, essentially broken.

Hmmm.

I'd guess they went to 'cannonball run''s bugs found stats, and went threw the list looking for 2004 racers.

Sn :D  :mad: gans has a watch on ALLLLLLLL of the competition.

How do you know what bugs are racing? The CR web page hasn't been updated yet, so it doesn't have a list. The GC TB search function is, well, um, essentially broken.

Hmmm.

I'd guess they went to 'cannonball run''s bugs found stats, and went threw the list looking for 2004 racers.

Give the cacher a cigar! Anything with 0 miles is this year's entry. :ph34r:

This song should get played at the event:

The Distance

By Cake

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line,

Engines pumping and thumping in time.

The green light flashes, the flags go up.

Churning and burning, they yearn for the cup.

They deftly maneuver and muscle for rank,

Fuel burning fast on an empty tank.

Reckless and wild, they pour through the turns.

Their prowess is potent and secretly stern.

As they speed through the finish, the flags go down.

The fans get up and they get out of town.

The arena is empty except for one man,

Still driving and striving as fast as he can.

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,

And long ago somebody left with the cup.

But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns.

And thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

He's going the distance.

He's going for speed.

She's all alone

In her time of need.

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,

He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse,

He's going the distance.

No trophy, no flowers, no flashbulbs, no wine,

He's haunted by something he cannot define.

Bowel-shaking earthquakes of doubt and remorse,

Assail him, impale him with monster-truck force.

In his mind, he's still driving, still making the grade.

She's hoping in time that her memories will fade.

Cause he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,

He's fighting and biting and riding on his horse.

The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,

And long ago somebody left with the cup.

But he's striving and driving and hugging the turns.

And thinking of someone for whom he still burns.

Cause he's going the distance.

He's going for speed.

She's all alone

In her time of need.

Because he's racing and pacing and plotting the course,

He's racing and pacing and plotting the course,

He's going the distance.

He's going for speed.

He's going the distance

Edited by Snoogans
Check out this entry:  GC7572  of course it is not eligble to win, but it should be interesting none the less.

Why isn't GC7572 eligible to win. You said it was entered. If it crosses the finish line first, while transporting, it's a tie. If it crosses the finish line first and it is empty it wins. Seems reasonable.

I have been waiting for a race for several months. I'm deffentally in if i can find my travel bug.

I'm sorry but you're just a wee bit too late according to this post further up the page:

I didn't even know about the race until yesterday. I've been waiting for months and i missed it

geojed

You'll just have to pick a racer and root for that one... live vicariosly through another cacher's bug. You're welcome to root for my Oscar Mayer WeinerMobile or my brother's Little Red Wagon. I found the forum thread about the first Cannonball Run back in February and didn't notice that the dates were all for 2003 instead of 2004 and was all ready to send in a racer for that race. Then I saw posts for the 2004 race and thought, "Oh... duh."

Yoda

Snoogans and Cannonball Run are two of them. At least one other person apparently liked Snoogans' idea to watch them all.

I looked at them all, but didn't watch any. I get enough email from GC already, but have a few favorites and will check the progress on the Cannonball Run website.

Or Frank N Furter in the great elevator scene in Rocky Horror??? :rolleyes:

See you shutter with antici..............................................................................................................................................................(say it!)...........................................................................................................................pation

Or Frank N Furter in the great elevator scene in Rocky Horror???  :rolleyes:

See you shutter with antici..............(say it!).......................................pation

I was thinking of THAT too!!! I just couldn't remember where it was from. <_<

Isn't it amazing how we can swing from race rules to old movie songs all in the blink of an eye???

BTW Good luck to all racers!!!

This picture reminds me of my feelings about this race. Did anyone else notice that it is the Simpson's cruiser?

67328f3e-5514-457f-a68b-7fb3ac55182e.jpg

Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! Are we there yet?....NO! :(:D:D:D

Sn :):D gans