2nd Annual Cannonball Run

CannonBall Run

Ooh, Ooh (raises arm)

That's an easy one: no.

All entries have to be ground-based, road-traveling, wheeled, motorized vehicles that could potentially (if life-sized, etc) travel cross country.

These are getting easier now that it's been spelled out by CannonBall Run and Dekaner :P

Q and A time again.

Weasel: Technically, yes... it fits all the rules.

dwgogo: 1) The racers will know where the endcache is the day that their TBs are release for the start of the race, unless some enterprising genius among them searches throughout the country and manages to locate it ahead of time.

2) You can put any information cards on your entry that you wish, I certainly would not refuse a bug entry on that basis. The original rules posting suggests that you refer people to the race website in fact.

MarcB: only if you afix it permanently to a motorized groundbased wheeled vehicle, such as a APC or truck, etc.

brad.32: you win the "Teacher's Pet Award" !

2. Attach it to any WHEELED vehicle that you wish.

(any submissions that do NOT fit this description will not be entered)

So I guess this means the winner(s) of the first race don't get to compete in the second race? :smile:

Heh. WIth my luck, the winner will still make it to the finish line before the Magic School Bus makes it to the finish line of the first race.

I'll pass this year. Sigh. :mad:

Okay, I just mailed two TB for the race. Sporty 5, which is mine & 70 Charger, which is my son's (Pizza Boy). I have a question though. How do you place a link on your TB page to the Cannonball Run page? :smile:

Go edit the TB's page and put

<a href="CannonBall site URL">Name of Link</a>

in for the link. The cannonball url of course being the address of the site.

If it smashs everything together, go back and put

</p>

after all the paragraphs.

Okay, I just mailed two TB for the race. Sporty 5, which is mine & 70 Charger, which is my son's (Pizza Boy). I have a question though. How do you place a link on your TB page to the Cannonball Run page?  :)

Go edit the TB's page and put

<a href="CannonBall site URL">Name of Link</a>

in for the link. The cannonball url of course being the address of the site.

If it smashs everything together, go back and put

</p>

after all the paragraphs.

Thank you very much Welch! That helped alot :):)

Any word on official awards from last year? I came in second/third (since the first two tied). I am not looking for much, just some cheesy word document award certificate that I could cherish always! Also, how about a page on the website with last years top ten immortalized?

The trophy(s) for last years winners were sent out several days ago, unfortunately I didn't think to take pics of them before mailing them out, perhaps the winners would post a shot of them with the winning TB??

The rest of the awards will be ready soon, imagine the work involved in manually backtarcking each racer and figuring out who gets the award for which category! I'm pushing forward with getting these done as well as looking for a sponsor for this years race and creating the CannonBall Run Tags as well as logging in all the entrants for this years event.... I promise the awards will be in the mail this week!

The trophy(s) for last years winners were sent out several days ago, unfortunately I didn't think to take pics of them before mailing them out, perhaps the winners would post a shot of them with the winning TB??

The rest of the awards will be ready soon, imagine the work involved in manually backtarcking each racer and figuring out who gets the award for which category! I'm pushing forward with getting these done as well as looking for a sponsor for this years race and creating the CannonBall Run Tags as well as logging in all the entrants for this years event.... I promise the awards will be in the mail this week!

I hope my post was taken in the right tone of voice. I was not criticizing at all because I know this whole endeavor is a lot of work, I just didn't want the first race to get lost in the shuffle of getting ready for the next one. Thanks for everything you do!!!

Do we have any idea approximately how many racers there will be this year?

:lol: Also, thanks to Dekaner, Brogan and whoever else helped to host last years race. I received my first place trophy last week and will post a picture of it with Toby the Tortoise as soon as I get him back from the owner of Tilly.

Thanks again...

Scott of Team GeoDillo

:lol: Spent some time looking for just the right racer. I never imagined entering a motorcycle but as soon as I saw it's name, Triumph, I knew I had to enter it. Cannonball has grabbed it and we are awaiting the start of the race.

Good luck to all.

Happy Hunting!!! or in this case Happy Racing!!! :lol:

Wizardmaster :o

:o Spent some time looking for just the right racer. I never imagined entering a motorcycle but as soon as I saw it's name, Triumph, I knew I had to enter it. Cannonball has grabbed it and we are awaiting the start of the race.

Good luck to all.

Happy Hunting!!! or in this case Happy Racing!!! :)

Wizardmaster :)

Sounds like an instant DQ to me... misses the 4 wheel requirement - or has that changed?

:o Spent some time looking for just the right racer. I never imagined entering a motorcycle but as soon as I saw it's name, Triumph, I knew I had to enter it. Cannonball has grabbed it and we are awaiting the start of the race.

Good luck to all.

Happy Hunting!!! or in this case Happy Racing!!! :)

Wizardmaster :)

Sounds like an instant DQ to me... misses the 4 wheel requirement - or has that changed?

Green Achers: there is no four wheel requirement. Motorized, ground based, wheeled vehicles are what is required. A Motorcycle certainly fits this description.

Miss Jenn: Currently holding 21 vehicles, with at least ten more known on the way, if last years race is any indication we will have a flood of last minute entries....

Okay, so I'm a bit late finding about about this race (stinking job!). Anywho, perhaps this has been answered already...but I'm not finding it...

What is written on the special race tags? I don't want to put duplicate information on my own tag. Or better yet - I don't want to add yet another tag if the race tag has all the needed info.

<_<

I think there should be an award for the first bug to arrive au naturale... without any extra tags! Yep, I was too lazy to make one. So I'll be relying on the official tag and the description on the bug's page to convince people to help out!

YodaDoe

Its been a few days, how has the number of held enteries increased??

Weasel- Unless there are plans (are there?) for the racers to be released in several locations, the starting positions will all be in a big pile on a table or something (I assume!).

First message in this thread, POI 2

2. Also this year we will NOT be announcing a specific start date for the race, only that the bugs will be mass released between the above mentioned dates. The 2004 version will be that the bugs will be grabbed to the CannonBall Run user account at GC.com and you will receive the normal e-mail notification that your bug has been released at &*%&*% cache. Again the intent is to make organized interference with the racers more dificult.

Also from the event that was the start point last year I found this picture by junglehair.1130348_200.jpg

For more see here.

Edited by welch

My 4 entries (Yea, it WAS 3, but now it's 4.) will be mailed in a US Express Mail envelope with my $20 entry fee tomorrow. I'm hoping all my good Karma from helping Tilly and Toby, through 5 states, to win the last race helps.

Entry#1: I found a General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard) to enter against Boss Hog's caddy. (Working name ideas: Two Rednecks and One HOT Redneck Chick #01, or maybe Inbreeder Express #01)

Entry #2: Snoogans' Pursuit 701 (A really cool Hot Wheels Thunder Cycle)

Entry #3: Snoogans' Ultimate Extreme Machine #41 (A Mclaren F1)

Entry #4: Snoogans' Jet Threat #76(A Hot Wheels jet car)

I'm currently following my own tb longevity rules by first drilling a big friggin hole in each one to destroy their collectibility.

Their pages will be activated by the 15th.

Sn :rolleyes::bad: gans

Edited by Snoogans

Entry#1: I found a General Lee (Dukes of Hazzard) to enter against Boss Hog's caddy. (Working name ideas: Two Rednecks and One HOT Redneck Chick #01, or maybe Inbreeder Express #01)

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, Curses. I can't be foiled by the likes of the Duke boys. I will have to Rosco cuff'em and stuff'em!!! :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed. My four entries and my $20 check to NYGO just left the building. The priority mail should arrive by Saturday.

Question: Should I trust a government employee?

All the rest of you procrastinators (like me and carleenp) need to get on the stick.

Sn :unsure::lol: gans

Edited by Snoogans