Geocaching In The Movies

tubby and

Hi everyone. I named "Shawshank Redemption" earlier in this thread and also "City Slickers" which I explained in the post what part made me think of them as if they were doing a "multi-cache". LOL this is a fun topic.

Anyway, I am following this subject so when it gets new posts, I get emailed and come here to read them. I wanted to ask that if you guys/girls have a few extra minutes, when you name a movie, can you please explain the part in it that you see as a "cache scene" because just about all the movies I've seen named here, I can't for the life of me remember any parts that I'd see as caching because I have a bad memory LOL and also I haven't watched most of these movies in a long time. This is fun to read about but when you just name the movie and don't name the scene I have no way to figure out which part you are talking about and I'd enjoy knowing.

Thanks everyone, don't mean to be a pain, I just wanted to join in the fun here and figured I'd ask, everyone here seems like nice people and I'm sure I'm not the only one scratching her head wondering (what part of that movie is he/she talking about...) lol ok take care all, bye for now. :lol:

~ BabyFox

snip

I will sign off now by translating the "Elvish" inscription on my Lord of the Rings ring into english:

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL

ONE RING TO FIND THEM

ONE RING TO BRING THEM ALL

AND IN THE DARKNESS BIND THEM.

ummm... I believe, if memory serves me correct, it's:

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Anyway, that's as Gandalf recited it at the Council of Elrond, much to Elrond's dismay.

Well...there's a few people who'd like to see an "extreme cache" topic, so in that vein, I'd have to say Raise the Titanic. They find the clues that there's a rare element ( I think it is) in the purser's safe. Then they have to find the Titanic, AND be the FTF since others are looking for it. Apparently it was some really good swag in it.

;) OH MY GOSH...LOL!!! About your reply Roveron to my reply:

Me:

I will sign off now by translating the "Elvish" inscription on my Lord of the Rings ring into english:

ONE RING TO RULE THEM ALL

ONE RING TO FIND THEM

ONE RING TO BRING THEM ALL

AND IN THE DARKNESS BIND THEM.

Roveron:

ummm... I believe, if memory serves me correct, it's:

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul

Anyway, that's as Gandalf recited it at the Council of Elrond, much to Elrond's dismay.

You are more of a Lord of the Rings fan than me I see...lol. BUT if you look at what you wrote (and only God knows how you wrote that out..) um it sure looks like it does indeed TRANSLATE into what I posted above in ENGLISH. Notice I said I will translate the inscription that's on my ring. I can't read it since it's in Elvish but it doesn't say what you wrote that Gandalf said (probably because I paid $4 for it) what you wrote should actually be what's inscribed on the ring but mine is a cheap replica from an unoffical maker.

If you look at what you typed for the inscription, the words "Ash nazg" appears in the beginning of the first 3 sentences. That would be "One Ring" ash = one, nazg = ring. :P

Ok, in all serious now, I'm interested, does he really say that in the movie just like how you typed it? If so, is he speaking Elvish or did he translate it into another Wizard language or some kind of other language? The Official Lord of the Rings merchandise company says that translated thats what it means, I thougt it was cool but what you typed out is way cooler (though a bit freaky that you know it). Haha thanks for the laugh. Take Care. ~ BabyFox :lol:

Edited by BabyFox

Ok, in all serious now, I'm interested, does he really say that in the movie just like how you typed it? If so, is he speaking Elvish or did he translate it into another Wizard language or some kind of other language?

He does say that and it's in the "Black Speech".

Follow this link for the script and pictures (the scene is about 1/4 of the way down the page)...

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

I've read the thread and saw "Star Trek Nemesis " mentioned but what about "Star Trek 4 The Voyage Home"?

They land the Klingon ship in Golden Gate Park and Uhura pulls out her Tri-corder and announces the whales are 2.4 Kilometers away, bearing 223.

Ok, in all serious now, I'm interested, does he really say that in the movie just like how you typed it? If so, is he speaking Elvish or did he translate it into another Wizard language or some kind of other language?

He does say that and it's in the "Black Speech".

Follow this link for the script and pictures (the scene is about 1/4 of the way down the page)...

Lord of The Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring

Yup, that's why Elrond said that was the first and only time that toungue would be spoken in Rivendell. Actually I couldn't remember if it was in the movie or not, I detest the movies, but the black speach version was what I had on a notebook when I was in HS...many years ago. LOL

It's scary that I remember it, eh? :o

WOW! :o With all these movies listed from all of you very imaginative people, it's making me want to rent them all one at a time JUST TO find the "cache" part in each one. Most of you don't post where in the movie you find it to be like a geocache so I need to rent them all now and play my own game of finding it for myself...LOL!! I think you all started a WHOLE NEW GAME, "find the cache in the movie". hehe. :( Take Care all.

I have to say also: "Romancing the Stone", the entire comedy/action/adventure/romance/drama movie is not only a must-see for anyone but it's all about their quest for this priceless Jewel and everything goes wrong during it, you can imagine running into some of these problems geocaching...LOL, well hopefully not. (Starring Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner, 1985). Of course the movie is a bit "silly" and scenes exaggerated but I loved the "Treasure Hunt" that was the plot. Now of course I'll think of GeoCaching whenever I watch it again, you will too I'm sure. :huh:

Now playing on CBS (Central time zone) - James Bond in "Tomorrow Never Dies". Plot revolves around sending bogus calibration to the GPS satellites.

Can just see the log for a geocache:

"Could not find. No sign of ammo can under oak tree, or the go-cart track. Just really deep salt water everywhere. Was shot at by Chinese MIGs. Map claims coordinates are on land."

WOW! :o With all these movies listed from all of you very imaginative people, it's making me want to rent them all one at a time JUST TO find the "cache" part in each one. Most of you don't post where in the movie you find it to be like a geocache so I need to rent them all now and play my own game of finding it for myself...LOL!! I think you all started a WHOLE NEW GAME, "find the cache in the movie". hehe. ;) Take Care all.

The 'cache' in the movie I mentioned is right at the end..... :P

Perhaps... LABYRINTH (early to mid 1980's movie starring David Bowie). Anyhooo BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!! LOL! But the whole thing is crazy, she has to find her baby brother and is given help or clues along the way, also gets clues to the her destination by solving riddles correctly. Reminds me of a multi cache or puzzle cache or a combo of both.

And let's not forget the old "classic" Treasure Island. A multi-cache to be sure, and difficulty 5 since it required a boat and sea-voyage to get to. Of course, the bony finger clues would be a little weird in real life but....

BTW ~ To the homeschooling family, too lazy to scroll back to the beginning and get your name. I homeschooled all the way through high school. Fun how parents can turn interesting hobbies into learning opportunities, eh?

Angela <><