My "tb" Will Reach It's Destination Tommorrow!!

archaeor

I sent my GPSr off to Thales for repairs yesterday (it's been broken for over a week), and I guess I'm really "Jonesing" without it :lol: . So, in order keep me sane, I've been imagining it's a "TB" and tracking it through FedEx.

Travelbug: My GPSr

Goal: Thales Navigation Repair Center in Tulsa Oklahoma within 3 days!!

Here are it's travels, so far:

Feb 13, 2004

3:46 pm

Picked up by FedEx

PLEASANTON CA

8:22 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

PLEASANTON CA

Feb 14, 2004

1:06 am

Arrived at Sort Facility

OAKLAND CA

1:48 am

Left FedEx Ramp

OAKLAND CA

6:47 am

Left FedEx Sort Facility

OAKLAND CA

1:35 pm

Arrived at Sort Facility

FORT WORTH TX

I know this sounds pathetic, but it's as close to actually geocaching as I can get. :lol:

:( Just another weekend without the GPSr . . . I can dream, can't I??!!?? :unsure:

You are not alone. You think it is bad now, Waite until you get the e-mail from Thales saying your RA has been shipped, and you get to track it on it’s way back to you. That is when you truly get anxious.

Feb 13, 2004

10:43 pm

Left FedEx Ramp

TULSA OK

9:34 pm

Arrived at FedEx Ramp

TULSA OK

9:31 pm

Left FedEx Origin Location

TULSA OK

4:53 pm

Picked up by FedEx

TULSA OK

When I ordered my first GPS I had it sent FedEx and tracked it all the to my house over the weekend. I pretty much had it figured down to the hour of when it arrived.

The only trouble was that the Fed Ex guy didn't make me sign for it...so I guess I never logged my find. <_<

Bret

Sounds like a good opportunity to upgrade your GPSr, and then eBay the old one when it returns.

If only Thales had a trade-in upgrade program....

They have one, just does not sound like a good one. I have not personally seen it, but some folks in different user groups have mentioned it. The prices I have heard about only seem to be $20 - $50 dollars less than a new retail unit. (The ones I have heard about from Thales are refurbished)

But like I said, I have only heard about the program existing, and have had no first hand experience with it.