Thoughts On New Cache

TruckerGeorge

I am getting my second cache container ready so I can go out and place it in the next week or so.

here is my question(s) or thoughts.

I am planning on having some of the normal swag in the ammo box, but am also thinking of placing a 3x5 index card box in side as well with some yu-gi-oh, and lord of the rings trading cards.

not wanting to make it a members only cache. but would like it open to all, what sort of difficulty should this cache be. I know it should have some challenge to it but not also be too easy to find. Will families and kids walk out in the woods for a cache like this?

not meaning to ramble but any thoughts or ideas would be helpful...

TruckerGeorge

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. If you want to know how difficult will be too difficult for families with kids, I can only talk from my experience. I won't take my 5 yo son on any terrain over a 2.5. A 3 is pushing it, but depending on the logs, I may take him on one of these.

I rarely trade, I usually leave my sig item. However, if I see something that my son would like, I'll trade for it. That's the first thing he asks me when I return from a trip he couldn't go on.

Hope this helps.

F_M

:unsure: 3 .. 3 might be the most difficult. If your intent is family oriented, then definately a 2 - 2.5 but then you also need to weigh in, how often do you want to restock this cache?

this would be the second cache on my property and could restock it weekly if needed. This is a wooded area, and has deer rabbits and wild turkey out and about if you can watch an look for em... am trying to make a cache where kids would love to go hunting for it as well as the adults.

TruckerGeorge