Un-romantic???

You know, women hardly ever just come out and tell us what they really want. Sure, they say they want affection, jewelry, flowers and a restaining order, but thats just a smoke screen. Really what they want is to be surprised. They want to be dragged out into the woods by the strangling leash that is your love. Made to bushwack, mud hump and splash for a few miles, through unforgiving terrain, for a McToy. When you get there and present her with said McToy you will look deep into each others eyes and she will think, I shoulda bought a dog. :unsure:

You know, women hardly ever just come out and tell us what they really want. Sure, they say they want affection, jewelry, flowers and a restaining order, but thats just a smoke screen. Really what they want is to be surprised. They want to be dragged out into the woods by the strangling leash that is your love. Made to bushwack, mud hump and splash for a few miles, through unforgiving terrain, for a McToy. When you get there and present her with said McToy you will look deep into each others eyes and she will think, I shoulda bought a dog. :lol:

We just got a dog, does that mean I have to leave home now? :unsure:

Well if you want to see anymore, you might have to do a little trading. Nice motel somewhere. Jacuzzi tub. Bottle of her favorite. Extra nice bunch of flowers. Take her shopping for a new outfit to wear to dinner and a show. Maybe a new chunk of Gold with lots of sparkles. Her own GPSr. :lol:

Red and my 30th anniversary is coming up in April and she is helping to plan a 4 day weekend cache hunt. :lol:

We are looking at several areas and depending on the weather, she either wants the Oregon coast, South Eastern Washington / Central Idaho or Reno. :(

You know how it goes when wives want something. Just sit back and say "Yes Dear" and let them have their way. :unsure:

logscaler

Edited by logscaler
You know, women hardly ever just come out and tell us what they really want.  Sure, they say they want affection, jewelry, flowers and a restaining order, but thats just a smoke screen.  Really what they want is to be surprised.  They want to be dragged out into the woods by the strangling leash that is your love.  Made to bushwack, mud hump and splash for a few miles, through unforgiving terrain, for a McToy.  When you get there and present her with said McToy you will look deep into each others eyes and she will think, I shoulda bought a dog.  :unsure:

I'm sorry...what was the bit about "mud hump"?

It would be something the two of you could share, if she was into caching. But if she was not into caching and started to fuss that you were going to go caching.

Then its time to reevaluate your "Train the Wifey Program" after 20 years you should be able to come and go without asking permission. And she would be delighted to join you and have some fun. And be ready to prepare your supper when you return to your castle. :unsure:

It would be something the two of you could share, if she was into caching. But if she was not into caching and started to fuss that you were going to go caching.

Then its time to reevaluate your "Train the Wifey Program" after 20 years you should be able to come and go without asking permission. And she would be delighted to join you and have some fun. And be ready to prepare your supper when you return to your castle. :unsure:

There ya go! A man with his priorities in order! :lol:

My wife and I hit 17 caches on our anniversary last year. It was her idea actually. When I suggested caching this year, she told me that instead I was going to suprise her with a romantic dinner. She also told me that I'd already made the reservations at the resturant. <_<

My wife is a self-declared geo-grump, who believes our marriage is stable enough for me to handle the fact that she wants to stay at home all the time. However, this Valentine she suggested that we all go on hike to place a cache at a site she has so far only seen from a distance. That was great! :D

Found the replies to this one hilarious. Rocket Scientist 1 and I are now planning our honeymoon in Hawaii for later this year :D . I've already told him that I want to go caching... Guess it depends on the woman. I'm always the one who goes caching when I go out of town, have a caching notebook for various places that we go often (just in case we want to find a cache), even bought my own GPS after I got tired of listening to his directions and trying to look at his GPS (that was about like trying to get the remote for the TV out of his hands)..... Anyway, glad to hear y'all had fun

Found the replies to this one hilarious. Rocket Scientist 1 and I are now planning our honeymoon in Hawaii for later this year <_< . I've already told him that I want to go caching... Guess it depends on the woman. I'm always the one who goes caching when I go out of town, have a caching notebook for various places that we go often (just in case we want to find a cache), even bought my own GPS after I got tired of listening to his directions and trying to look at his GPS (that was about like trying to get the remote for the TV out of his hands)..... Anyway, glad to hear y'all had fun

If you're going to Oahu, I definitely recommend the Strangled Palm Cache. I stopped through Hawaii on business and loved the view that this one provided more than any other. Also, if you've got someone back in the states that can drop everything and run to their computer to take your picture, the Almost Live! Vidcam Cache is a fun one and quick and easy to accomplish. A third one (and one that's close to the Strangled Palm Cache is the Kiddie Kache. It will get you up close and personal with the real beauty of Hawaii.

I caught all three of these while I was on business in Hawaii last month. I'm going with the family to Hawaii for Thanksgiving and I'm going to make a point of letting them find each of these. One thing...get a REALLY GOOD MAP! (they cost about $12 for a map that includes every street, bus route, etc.)

One thing that I noticed when I was researching my trip was that Hawaii seems to be a travel bug graveyard...everyone takes TBs there and nobody brings them home. So you can do the community a favor and rescue a few while you're there. Don't expect the prizes to be that great in the caches, but the sites and hides are incredible.

Happy Honeymoon! (and if you come back with a really dark tan, then you'll know that you've done too much geocaching! :D )

When I proposed a Valetine weekend getaway, PJ wanted to know if any geocaching would be involved. After being married for 22 years, she knows me well. Romance is what you make of it. In spite of it raining for all but about 5 hours over 3 days, we had several great dinners, shopping, plenty of time for romance, and time for 11 caches.

I'm not sure but I don't think we did any mud humping. But we had a blast anyway.

Spending time together is what it is all about.