Holistic Geocaching (a New Obsession)

Snoogans

Wow! Your good at this!

Thanks. I have been doing it for much longer than this thread has been around. I hadn't discovered geocaching when Oregone first brought this up in 2002. I still don't know how I missed the BruceS thread.... I think the title looked like a complaint thread to me at the time and I try to stay outta those as much a humanly possible.

Almost anyone could probably trace a connection to me in 7 moves or less.  If you can't find it, I just bet that I, or someone else, can.

Okay Snoogans, If I follow the math correctly, you and I are connected in two moves - twice at least.

We each found Good•Friday and Waves and Change Too!. Apparently you were in Pacific grove in July of 2003 and I was there in November of 2002.

Guess that makes me connected to Kevin Bacon in 5 moves!

We have met BruceS in person.

We have cached with Markwell - and in his car.

Small world.

George

OK...since Dad and the Dynamic Duo can make the connection, I guess I can also with one more degree added. I have met Dad & the Duo at last years picnic and have found each others caches along the way.

Like shooting babies in a barrel of candy. (Or something like that....)

Snoogans and I have several overlapping caches in Houston. We'll take GCGA90.

I've attended Geo Woodstock GCG03E which was attended by 7 of the world's top ten finders at the time. There were non-event caches within walking distance of that event that I'm sure we all linked through. I recall Marky was one of the missing three and I've found a couple of his caches in CA such as GCC73B which I have a reason to remember well. I *think* the other two at the time were georgeandmary (I found their GCB986) and stayfloopy (we both found GCE91) so there are solid connections to multi-kilofinders on both coasts.

Now that I've connected Snoogans to what was, at one time, each the top ten finders on both coasts in no more than two steps , it should become rather difficult to exceed seven steps with nothing but physicals.

It's actually pretty difficult to stay isolated. See MTGC's spin of RickRich's idea at:

http://www.mtgc.org/6deg

Took me less than 10 minutes of peeking through your found Travel Bugs. We haven't found any of the same ones, but you have carried "*Hunny* (is not here)", owned by Centris. Centris has found at least three (I didn't look further than page one) of the same caches I have found, and these were within 8 days of each other.

On edit, after 5 more minutes of looking through Centris' finds and Travel Bugs, there is the King Boreas connection (he hid a cache, now archived, within a few miles of my home). Also, Centris seems to live in the Twin Cities. I went to college in the Twin Cities.

Edited by Balboagirl
Why did I miss this forum thread the first time around??? Now I have to go look at all my cache finds and TB's and come up with something! :(

HA! I found a connection the first place that I looked. It took less than 30 seconds.

Sn :(:( gans

30 seconds is right above my average attention span. Alas, I tried and failed to come up with something. I looked at all the caches I have found and all my TB's and see no connection. Sheesh, these 60 hour work weeks are really hurting my brain. :(

Way too much work to go through all of our finds, bugs, etc. we don't even have that many of anything. It would be interesting to see though.

Laziness..........yep that's us! :)

I found a link through one of your caches. K-Team found it and in turn also found a TB, Sam's Travlin' Treasure Chest, wich I have previously logged. That bug made an appearance at an I was at last weekend too. The owner of that bug is a friend of mine too. So, I guess that's 3 degrees.

Sn :DB) gans

I found a link through one of your caches. K-Team found it and in turn also found a TB, Sam's Travlin' Treasure Chest, wich I have previously logged. That bug made an appearance at an I was at last weekend too. The owner of that bug is a friend of mine too. So, I guess that's 3 degrees.

Sn  gans

Hey, that is a different one than emailed us with! We have all kinds of connections! B)

Is it 0 degrees if you've met the Snoogmeister in person?  :D
I prefer to think of this as 1 degree of separation:

31468_300.jpg

Sn :blink:  :D gans

Will that picture NEVER die???? YECH! :D

Since I've had the opportunity to HUG the cuddly critter, I suppose I'm at one! :D

Candy

Edited by Moosiegirl

Follow the plan laid out in my May 11 2004 post. Follow the paths to the cachers that get around and link them through old or high-volume caches. for example, you and both found Elliots Toilet (GCJXY1) in St. Louis (and we have several common finds in central IL after I was there to see a concert in April - we logged the smath brothers about a week apart) and I've found Snoogan's stuff when I hunted in Houston in '03. Additionally, he and I chatted for a bit at at GWS III.

I'm surprised I didn't post here the first time this thread bubbled to the top of page one, but here goes:

I finally met you at GW3 in JAX. One degree! :o

And no I did not lick that thing for the camera. :blink:

My Bacon number is 3.

Willie Garson(stage name) is actually Willie Paszamant, a cousin of one of my closest childhood friends. Willie was in Groundhog Day with Michael Shannon, who was in The Woodsman with Kevin Bacon, giving Willie a 2 and me a 3.

And for anyone else who needs help with their Bacon number there is The Oracle of Bacon

Snoogans, this is tediously difficult to prove when you have dial-up, but I'd be willing to bet that I'm "related" to you through ohjoy! Care to have a go at it?

Edit: (Oh, CARP! I just noticed that this is a resurrected thread. Well, if I never hear from Snoogans, I'll understand why.)

Edited by Hoppingcrow

I don't know about my Snoogans number but I guess it's not too high.

OTOH, my Bacon number is 4.

Will Tiao has a Bacon number of 3.

I know Will.

Will Tiao was in Starbucks Story, A (2005) with Christina Gianaris

Christina Gianaris was in Wait a Minute (2005) with Tony Devon

Tony Devon was in Telling Lies in America (1997) with Kevin Bacon.

Man when people dredge up old topics like this, especially ones about Snoogans, it's like the feeling George Carlin talked about, you know, when you belch and taste a bad hot dog that you ate way earlier. "Ugh, that was almost puke."

:lol:

I would report your post to the moderators as a personal attack against Snoogans, but hey, y'know, facts is facts. :o

Go to your any cache you own or have found. Look for the cacher with the highest # of finds. Look through their found caches for one called the Original Stash Tribute, and you are in.

Example- GlenMart found your cache, and found the Original Stash Tribute, so you are 4 degrees away.

-J

Edited by Jennifer&Dean
Haven't found a link yet...........

It took exactly 30 seconds fo me to find a link to you.

I met BootyBuddies at GW3. They attended the N.U.T.S. event with you in November.

Your Snoogans number is 1. :)

GAH! I guess this is one of the (many?) reasons why the Snoogster is considered a diety?

If only I was retired and had monetary resources. Quantum Leap is one of my geocaching fantasies. :)

Thanks Snoogans.

I don't know about my Snoogans number but I guess it's not too high.

Your Snoogans number is 1.

It took about 2 seconds.

I don't know of too many events anywhere in New Mexico that The Plugge's haven't attended. They were the first geocachers that I met in N.M. and a whole lot of fun to hang out with too. :)