Tb Placed By Another Geocacher

phern47

I want to send my new travel bug by mail to a geocacher so that he can place it in a cache in his area. There are no caches and no geocachers in my area but I want my bug (demo cd of my blues band) to travel around often. What must I do? I am very new at this. I have not found a cache yet and I have not placed a cache yet.

Have you ordered any Travel Bug Tags? Unless they are willing to give/sell/loan you one or launch it under their own account. There are a couple of Canadian Retailers who sell the TB tags and have good customer service. After you get a tag, if you want to log the milage from where you are to where you are mailing the TB, then you would have to drop the TB into a cache local to you and then grab it again so no one will visit that cache and not find the TB listed there. Then when you mail the TB to the geocacher, it will show the mileage, unless you do not want it from where you are. Else once you activate your TB and attach the tag to your CD, you can do what you want with it. Mail it to the Geocacher and he will place it into a cache and watch where your TB goes. I have a number of TBs out there, some are doing really well ;) others are stuck :( and I am afraid a couple are lost ;) I think even one is stolen ;) Good luck with your TB, you will be surprised where they can end up.

In theory you could make multiple copies of your demo CD, label each CD with a copy of the TB tag, and put a copy of the TB tag on the demo case.

Then you could send out demos to those cachers interested in placing the TBs.

This would result in many TBs under one number, something done before with Alien Army of Chaos.

Feel free to mail me one, and I'll place it out here. (pm me if you need an address when the bug is ready.)

In theory you could make multiple copies of your demo CD, label each CD with a copy of the TB tag, and put a copy of the TB tag on the demo case.

Then you could send out demos to those cachers interested in placing the TBs.

This would result in many TBs under one number, something done before with Alien Army of Chaos.

Feel free to mail me one, and I'll place it out here. (pm me if you need an address when the bug is ready.)

Like the Blues, would be happy to help circulate a travel bug CD here as well.

Thanks Car37&Shnde,  I will order some tags from someone in Canada.  I did not know that tags existed.  Can these tags be attached to a CD?  How much do tags cost?

Sorry for the late reply, you can find the 3 Canadian suppliers at this link,

Shop Groundspeak

They are in Alberta or BC.

I have ordered from the 2 in Alberta, excellent service from both, the only reason I have ordered from both is I could not remember which one I dealt with before when I placed the second order until I went back through my emails. I have also heard good things about the supplier from BC also. Check their websites or give them a call for prices and shipping costs. These are their websites.

GPS Central

GPS City

The only reason I have included both links is the GPS City link seems to be broken on the Shop Groundspeak page, they have .ca but only .com will work sending you to the above link.

Capital Iron only has a 1800 number 1-877-385-9703

Good luck, I have seen 1 CD as a TB, they placed the chain through the center hole, but I am sure this would scatch the CD up and cause it to be unplayable. Maybe find a really good case for the CD with instructions that the CD is part of the TB and not to be replaced, something with a latch and glue the tag to the outside of the case would work. This I think would be the best way to protect the CD as TBs tend to be handled and packed into caches and backpacks. Good luck, hope it works out for you.