My Cache Page Address Book

CoronaKid

I wanted to make the suggestion to add some sort of address book to the My Cache Page. I converse with a bunch of other cachers and it would be nice to have all their address and phone information contained within the My Cache Page.

I currently use other mail programs to store all this information, but I think it makes sense to add this feature directly into the My Cache Page. Thanks!

I agree with RK; the website is pretty darn careful about posting anyone's personal information online. Your personal contacts tool, whatever you use, is set up better for this purpose.

You do have a "PM Buddies" list that you can build here in the forums. Click on "My Controls" at the top of the page. Build your list, and you've got a collection of links to the profile pages of all the geocachers you correspond with. From their profile, just click the e-mail link to contact them through the geocaching.com e-mail system. That's an acceptable compromise, IMHO.

And, in the future, Jeremy has hinted at plans of building in a buddy group feature where you can keep track of stats with a group of friends on an opt-in basis. Perhaps as part of that new feature, there could be a list of the members of the group with clickable links to send them e-mails through the site.